Marketing & Hospitality Marketing Communications and Branding
Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 07 Mar 2022 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- July 2022
- 20 months to max. 40 months
- Course Fee
- HK$4,000 per module (Subject to change)
This programme provides a firm foundation to equip you with knowledge and skills in developing brand strategies and managing brands in a multi-cultural market environment. It also prepares you for higher education at degree level and career advancement in brand management in a competitive market environment.
The programme aims to equip participants with the principles, theories and practices in marketing with specialisation in brand management. On completion of the programme, participants should have acquired a basic understanding of marketing and brand theories and be able to apply these to day-to-day operations at work. The programme also prepares students for further education as well as career advancement in the marketing and brand management areas.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Apply the theoretical concepts in marketing and brand management to develop marketing solutions for business,
- Utilise self-management skills, interpersonal communications and team management skills in the workplace,
- Integrate marketing communications in multimedia to engage customers as well as promote branding, products and services to the target market,
- Apply knowledge in consumer psychology and behavioural patterns to identify target markets to determine the positioning of products and services, and to promote brand experience of customers,
- Apply concepts and principles of brand management to build and manage brands over time and across market segments.
Assessment is based on a combination of coursework and examinations. The percentage breakdown of coursework and examinations differs from module to module.
Student who completed all 10 modules will be awarded "Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management" within HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Students may apply to exit the programme with a "Diploma in Marketing Studies" upon satisfactory completion of any 5 modules or above.
Holders of this Advanced Diploma with CGPA 2.0 or above will be eligible to apply for the following two top-up degree programmes jointly organized by HKU SPACE and The University of Hull. Details would be found in the related webpages.Duration
- Students normally enroll 2 modules in each term and may complete the programme in 20 months.
For those, who enroll less than 2 modules in each term, may complete the programme in 40 months.
Weekdays 7:00pm - 10:00pm (Occasionally on Saturday morning or afternoon)
- HKU SPACE Learning Centres
Principles of Marketing
The Principles of Marketing is an introductory course which helps the students to form a solid foundation of basic marketing concepts and understand how consumer behaviour, external and internal environments may affect marketing decisions. It equips students with concepts and applications of product-life cycle, promotion mix, product and pricing strategies, distribution channel management, etc. on the ground of customer value-driven marketing.
Digital and Social Media Marketing
Digital Marketing and Social Media become the predominant component in marketing strategies nowadays. In this new module, students will be able to build up a clear concept about customer-centric marketing and digital consumer journey which affects customer segmentation approaches and marketing strategies.
This module will form a solid foundation of digital knowledge with application skills and effectiveness analysis of various digital and social media marketing channels in order to fulfil the vocational needs in various marketing positions.
Multichannel Marketing Communications
The objective of this module is to equip students with knowledge and practices of new marketing communication techniques in this ever-changing world of new media. It enables students to embrace and integrate new media tools with existing communication mix to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing campaigns.
This module aims to train up students with a clear understanding of how and why customer behave in a shopping decision-making process with the foundation of consumer psychology and behavioural concepts. It also equips the students to identify the factors which may affect consumers’ purchasing behaviour and value perception so that students can be able to apply it in their marketing strategic planning in the competitive business environment.
Introduction to Branding
This module provides students with the basic concepts of branding in a competitive marketplace. It’s important for marketers to understand the process of building brand image and identity, brand value, and formulating brand strategy, brand auditing and brand equity management system. It equips students with knowledge and skills to build a successful brand.
Management Skills for Effective Manager
The success of a business organisation depends very much on the quality of the people working in the organisation. This module provides an opportunity for our students to discover the attributes of an effective manager, nurture their management quality and competencies required to progress to play the role of an effective manager.
Students will be equipped with multi management skills including self-awareness, stress and time management, problem solving and decision making, interpersonal skills such as managing conflicts, effective communication and presentation skills, and team skills which are the basic factors of a successful manager at marketplace.
Shopper Relations and Customer Services
It is crucial for companies to build long-lasting customer relationship which can be leveraged to expand their loyal customer base, extend their market share, and to uplift sales income.
This module is developed to equip our students with customer-centric services, customer relationship management (CRM), customer service communication skills, and service quality control, etc. in order to enrich the shopping experience of the customers and establish loyal customer base.
Marketing Research and Information
This module is designed to teach students the basic tools and procedure of market research, including but not limited to management problem identification, research design, questionnaire development, data collection, etc. The concepts will not only prepare students for their marketing career needs but also prepare them for further academic study.
Digital Advertising Communications and Campaign Planning
An effective digital advertising plan will help a marketing practitioner to stay organized, think strategically, and to optimize the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
This module is designed to equip students with a strategic planning approach, the elements of great design and persuasion that drive behaviour and build habits, the full funnel content marketing, ad effectiveness testing and optimisation, and strategic writing for digital advertising, etc.
Strategic Brand Management
Brand management is one of the most important aspects in marketing strategy. This module focus on the more strategic brand management issues including the impacts of digital marketing on branding, brand portfolio management, creation of brand association, evaluate brand extensions opportunities, managing multinational brands, revitalization of aging brands, etc. The Strategic Brand Management is not only suitable for marketers, but will also benefit business leaders, start-up business owners, or entrepreneur.
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 2 subjects; OR
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 1 subject, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; OR
- have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects, and Level 2 in English Language, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; OR
- have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language; OR
- hold a certificate in the marketing, business or related discipline; OR
- be aged at least 21 with 3 years of relevant work experience.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$4,000 per module (Subject to change)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Business Economics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07896-8||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Brand Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07902-6||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Consumer Behaviour (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07897-6||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Introduction to Branding (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07901-8||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Multichannel Marketing Communications (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07898-4||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Principles of Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07895-A||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Essentials of Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07919-6||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Digital Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z10804A||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Business Communication (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108074||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Business Law (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108120||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Services Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z126730||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
All applicants are required to complete the application form and submit it with one sets of the following supporting documents together with application fee of HK$150 to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres:
1.Certified true copies* of full educational certificates and transcripts;
2. Original / Certified true copies* of testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s working experience;
3. Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card#;
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Only application fee can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or Bank Draft
Application fee and Course fees can be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card number (if applicable).
Applicants may also pay the Application fee and Course fees by VISA or MasterCard, including "HKU SPACE MasterCard", at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Marketing Communications and Branding Retail, Fashion and Luxury Brand Management
- Relevant Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries Certificate for Module (Effective Digital Media Planning and Programmatic Advertising) Certificate for Module (Retail Management and Operations) Certificate for Module (Strategic Retail Marketing) Certificate for Module (Public Relations Planning) 行政人員證書《數碼品牌傳播》 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》 行政人員證書《社交媒體及數碼營銷分析》 Executive Certificate in Digital and Social Media Marketing Executive Certificate in Data-driven Creative Thinking for Marketers