Marketing & HospitalityMarketing Communications and Branding
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 02 Jan 2021 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- January 2021 September 2021
- 18 months
This programmes provides you with practical knowledge and vocational skills in marketing. You will be able to apply effective marketing strategies, digital and social media marketing techniques and persuasive communication tactics in different market environment and equipped with analytical skills and critical thinking ability. This programme will also help you to develop your critical thinking and analytical skills.
In today’s complex and increasingly globalised environment, organisations and managers need to understand how the intraorganisational and extraorganisational interrelationships can be managed. The role of the marketer/manager to create value for the organisation is dependent upon this understanding. Furthermore, digital technologies encompass all marketing efforts through electronic devices or the internet to connect with current and prospective customers. Our new marketing programmes emphasise on the digital perspective with specific subjects that outlines what is expected to become a professional marketer by developing professional marketing strategies following extensive research with employers and academics. These standards have at their three focuses: insights, strategy and championing the customer.
The University of Hull qualifications are recognised internationally. Graduates with an honours degree of this programme would qualify for admission to the following programmes offered by College of Business and Finance, HKU SPACE:
- MSc Marketing/ MSc Marketing with Festival and Event Management/ MSc in Marketing with Sales Management in collaboration with the Edinburgh Napier University, UK;
- MSc Marketing in collaboration with the University of Leicester; and
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
Graduates of the programme may also pursue further studies at postgraduate level at the University of Hull Business School, or at other universities worldwide in various fields:
- advertising, or
- business related disciplines.
The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing programme designs for the marketing portfolio acknowledged some specific marketing themes to lead students to become emerging professional marketers. This programme comprises 18 modules or 360 credits. Students normally complete the entire programme in three years of full time study in the UK. In Hong Kong, students with recognized qualifications will be exempted from half of the credits.
In Hong Kong, only the Second Year and Final Year modules will be offered. The modules are:
1) Consumer and Business Buyer Behaviour
2) Digital Marketing and Social Media
3) Integrated Marketing Communications and Branding
4) International Marketing
5) Research Methods
6) Research Project
7) Services Marketing
8) Social and Not-for-Profit Marketing
9) Strategic Marketing Planning and Auditing
The above information is subject to change without prior notice.
- Minimum duration is 18 months for this part-time programme.
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
Consumer and Business Buyer Behaviour
This module aims at equipping students with dynamic theory and application of consumer behavior concepts. It develops students’ critical understanding the impacts of digital technologies on customer decision making journey and consumer behaviour. Students will learn the new way of segmentation, targeting and positioning with which business objectives in a B2C and B2B markets can be achieved.
Digital Marketing and Social Media
This module is designed to provide students a basic critical understanding of Digital Marketing and Social Media and their roles in the Marketing Mix. This module will introduce new marketing concepts, digital and social media channels and tools such as search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), content marketing, email marketing, etc. as well as key digital measures to equip students with the technical knowledge required to apply new marketing concepts and theory to practice in a digital environment to achieve marketing and business objectives.
Integrated Marketing Communications and Branding
This module equips students with theoretical knowledge and practical skills of integrated marketing communication (IMC). It provides opportunity for students to apply a collective of communication tools including advertising, digital marketing, social media, public relations, events, etc. to develop an integrated marketing communication (IMC) campaign which may create customer interaction and brand experience.
This module is designed to train up the students with knowledge and sensitivity to operate a business in the dynamic global market and equip them with application of marketing tools available in internal market, enable them to make major marketing decisions in market places with different cultural influence.
This module allows students to expose to a wide range of major research methods such as focus groups, interviewing, surveying, etc. and to develop their research skills. Student will be provided the opportunity to engage in a subject specific research issue with which students will be able to develop the skills of critical analysis and decision making, independent learning, communication, self-management and networking.
In this module, students will have opportunity to engage in an academic study of a particular topic of their own interest and choice. It develops students’ ability to locate, extract, analyse and interpret data collected from multiple sources including but not limited to online survey, focus groups, face-to-face interview, etc. to address a particular research topic. Students will be able to develop their capabilities in independent learning, thinking and argument, communication and presentation, as well as critical analysis.
The aims of the module are to develop in students a deep understanding of services marketing in retail environment; in the range of value propositions in both B2C and B2B contexts in which services play a significant part; and appreciate the contribution of services marketing theory to the management of a service.
Social and Not-for-Profit Marketing
The aims of this module are to develop an understanding of marketing activity in social and non-profit organisations; develop a mature understanding of the different techniques and tools that can be uniquely deployed in social and non-profit environments; and develop a strong understanding of how theories of buyer behaviour and relationship development can be modified for the different constituencies that exist beyond dyadic interaction between customer and supplier, in social and non-profit environments.
Strategic Marketing Planning and Auditing
This module is designed to develop students’ ability to integrate marketing concepts and principles into a comprehensive and coherent strategic marketing plan. Students will learn to select and apply appropriate planning tools in various business situations. It also provides an opportunity for students to sharpen their analytical skills in a complex business environment and enable students to make effective marketing decisions.
• Face-to-face intensive seminars and local lectures by Hull or HKU SPACE lecturers are available.
To be conducted on Fri, Sat, Sun (and some on Thu)
3 hrs x 6 lectures on weekdays
3 hrs x 2 tutorials on weekdays
All applicants must satisfy the admission requirements of the University of Hull before they may be considered for selection. An applicant shall hold:
1. a Higher Diploma in Business (Marketing and Management/Sales, Marketing and Advertising/Marketing and Media) or an Associate of Business Administration or other equivalent qualifications awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE* with a GPA of 2.0 or above;
2. a related Higher Diploma or Associate Degree offered by HKU SPACE or a Higher Diploma or an Associate Degree from other tertiary institutions in the areas of marketing and/ or management which are recognised by The University of Hull.
Graduates of the HKU SPACE Higher Diploma and Associate Degree programmes recognised by The University of Hull are considered to have met the English requirement. In other cases, applicants should have proof of English proficiency by having:
i) a Grade E in the Use of English in HKALE; or
ii) Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination with minimum score of overall level 4 in English Language (with a minimum of level 3 in each skill), or
iii) IELTS with minimum score of overall 6.0 (with a minimum 5.5 in each skill), or
iv) Pearson Academic Test of English with minimum score of overall 54 (with a minimum 51 in each skill) or
v) recognised equivalent.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
* Applicants holding the above qualifications mentioned in 1) awarded within the HKU system through HKUSPACE recognised by The University of Hull are considered as having met its English proficiency requirement and are therefore not required to provide additional proof of English language proficiency.
HK$200 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$12,500 per module (Tuition Fee rates are reviewed and agreed annually and published no later than June in the year of the next academic year start.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Consumer and Business Buyer Behaviour (Module from Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing (Part-time))|
|COURSE CODE 33Z122220||FEES $12,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8324|
|Services Marketing (Module from Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing (Part-time))|
|COURSE CODE 33Z122263||FEES $12,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8324|
|International Marketing (Module from Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing (Part-time))|
|COURSE CODE 33Z122271||FEES $12,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8324|
|Integrated Marketing Communications and Branding [Module from Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing) (Part-time)]|
|COURSE CODE 33Z122247||FEES $12,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8324|
|Strategic Marketing Planning and Auditing [Module from Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing (Part-time))|
|COURSE CODE 33Z122255||FEES $12,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8324|
|Digital Marketing and Social Media [Module from Bachelor of Arts With Honours in Marketing (Part-time)]|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108414||FEES $12,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8324|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Bachelor of Arts With Honours in Marketing
Graduates of this programme meet the education requirement for various professional recognitions or courses, which include:
- full membership of Hong Kong Institute of Marketing (HKIM); and
- Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing*offered by HKU SPACE
*subject to the fulfillment of work experience requirement
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
All applicants are required to complete the application form and submit it with ONE set of the following supporting documents together with application fee of HK$200 to any of the HKUSPACE enrolment centres:
1.Certified true copies* of full educational certificates and transcripts;
2. Original / Certified true copies* of testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s working experience;
3. Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card#;
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or Bank Draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card number (if applicable).
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including "HKU SPACE MasterCard", at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of HKU SPACE MasterCard issued by Bank of East Asia may enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment for tuition fee of courses at HK$2,000 or above. The course must be enrolled under the cardholder’s name. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any of the enrolment centres.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances, subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries of the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of $120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for $30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE". Such copies will normally only be issued at the end of a course.
All fees are subject to change without prior notice.
The University of Hull - Business School
Established in 1928, the University of Hull encompasses world-class teaching, research, impressive facilities, and a strong support network for over 22,000 students. The University is truly international, with 125 countries being represented on campus and on distance-taught programmes around the world. Independent surveys have repeatedly shown that our undergraduates are some of the most satisfied students – we have been voted into the top ten universities for student satisfaction in six out of the eight annual National Student Surveys carried out so far. Our international students agree – according to the International Student Barometer, 89.1% were satisfied or very satisfied with their overall learning experience.
Hull University Business School offers a wealth of opportunities to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate study and research, all designed to enhance your professional or academic career. Our degrees all build a strong understanding of the complexities of the global business environment to help you develop into a responsible, resourceful business leader. Marketing at Hull scored an impressive 98% overall satisfaction rate in the most recent National Student Survey (NSS) among final year undergraduate students studying the course which testify high teaching quality, innovative teaching, engaging lecturers, high level of student support, and connections with business.
Recognition from two of the leading global accreditation systems for business schools (AACSB and AMBA) has confirmed HUBS status as a leading business school. AACSB accreditation, an internationally recognised accreditation specialised for business schools, is held by less than 5% of the world’s 13,000 business programmes. The Hull MBA provides an internationally recognised qualification and is accredited by the Association of MBA. In Hong Kong, Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications for a period from September 2015 to August 2024.
- Relevant Programmes
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Public Relations Advanced Diploma in Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries 行政人員證書《創意品牌及品牌管理》 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》 行政人員證書《數碼品牌傳播》 行政人員證書《社交媒體及數碼營銷分析》 行政人員證書《社交媒體及數碼營銷分析》 Executive Certificate in Data-driven Creative Thinking for Marketers Executive Certificate in Professional Digital Media Selling Executive Certificate in Effective Digital Media Buying and Planning Certificate for Module (Retail Management and Operations) Certificate for Module (Strategic Retail Marketing) Certificate for Module (Public Relations Planning)