Marketing Marketing Communications and Branding
Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- November 2022
- 20 months to max. 40 months
- Course Fee
- HK$4,000 per module (Subject to change)
The rapid development in digital technology and new social media massively reshaped the advertising industry and the public relations (‘PR’) practices and communications. This programme is a fast track to equip executives in marketing, advertising or PR with new knowledge and skills in digital advertising, psychology in advertising, social media, consumer behaviour, and multimedia writing, etc., in order to enhance their market competitiveness.
The programme aims to equip participants with the principles, theories and practices in marketing, advertising and public relations. On completion of the programme, participants should have acquired a basic understanding of marketing, advertising and public relations and be able to take a holistic approach to orchestrate these knowledge and skills to day-to-day operations at work. The programme also prepares students for further education as well as career advancement in the marketing and public relations areas.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Apply the theories and best practices in marketing, advertising and public relations to develop integrated marketing solutions for business
- Synergize the impact of advertising and public relations through marketing communications in multimedia to promote products and services to the target market
- Utilise the knowledge and skills in marketing research and the principles of consumer behaviour to identify target markets and determine the advertising and public relations approaches for products and services to achieve business targets
- Orchestrate the planning of public relations activities and advertising campaigns, including the development of objectives, strategies, budget and timelines, to achieve business goals
- Engage stakeholders through multimedia by applying appropriate communication approaches and presentation styles
Assessment is based on a combination of coursework and examinations. The percentage breakdown of coursework and examinations differs from module to module.
Student who completed all 10 modules will be awarded "Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations" within HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Students may apply to exit the programme with a "Diploma in Marketing Studies" upon satisfactory completion of any 5 modules or above.
Holders of this Advanced Diploma with CGPA 2.0 or above will be eligible to apply for the following two top-up degree programmes jointly organized by HKU SPACE and The University of Hull. Details would be found in the related webpages.
- Students normally enroll 2 modules in each term and may complete the programme in 20 months.
For those, who enroll less than 2 modules in each term, may complete the programme in 40 months.
Weekdays 7:00pm - 10:00pm (Occasionally on Saturday morning or afternoon)
HKU SPACE Learning Centres
The programme consists of 10 modules and the details of each module are as below.
This module focus on the knowledge of the special characteristics of services and the unique challenges inherent in the marketing of services and the strategies to address these challenges. It will enable students to develop knowledge and skills in designing and managing service process to enhance customer experiences and engagement, and to create customer value and customer satisfaction.
Digital and Social Media Marketing
Digital Marketing and Social Media become the predominant component in marketing strategies nowadays. In this new module, students will be able to build up a clear concept about customer-centric marketing and digital consumer journey which affects customer segmentation approaches and marketing strategies.
This module will form a solid foundation of digital knowledge with application skills and effectiveness analysis of various digital and social media marketing channels in order to fulfil the vocational needs in various marketing positions.
Multichannel Marketing Communications
The objective of this module is to equip students with knowledge and practices of new marketing communication techniques in this ever-changing world of new media. It enables students to embrace and integrate new media tools with existing communication mix to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing campaigns.
This module aims to train up students with a clear understanding of how and why customer behave in a shopping decision-making process with the foundation of consumer psychology and behavioural concepts. It also equips the students to identify the factors which may affect consumers’ purchasing behaviour and value perception so that students can be able to apply it in their marketing strategic planning in the competitive business environment.
Psychology of Advertising
This module would enable students to elaborate the psychological aspects of the influence of advertising on consumer behaviour and identify appropriate advertising strategies for different target market.
Students will also learn the different advertising approaches for aging market, a growing but untouched market, to create positive behavioural changes among the consumers of silver market.
Corporate Communication and Crisis Management
Corporate communication plays an important role in building a positive perception among external and internal stakeholders of the company.
This module is designed to equip students with proper communication techniques for communication to media, investor, government, internal staff, etc. Besides, students will also be enabled to take proactive action to develop crises communication plan before disaster strikes.
Public Relations and Event Planning
Public relations (PR) play a critical role in the success of products and services. It is vital in achieving positive publicity for a company through strategic PR events and activities.
This module will equip students with PR techniques to manage reputation of a company, to reach out to the general public, community members, and customers through different PR activities and events.
Digital Advertising Communications and Campaign Planning
An effective digital advertising plan will help a marketing practitioner to stay organized, think strategically, and to optimize the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
This module is designed to equip students with a strategic planning approach, the elements of great design and persuasion that drive behaviour and build habits, the full funnel content marketing, ad effectiveness testing and optimisation, and strategic writing for digital advertising, etc.
Marketing Research and Information
This module is designed to teach students the basic tools and procedure of market research, including but not limited to management problem identification, research design, questionnaire development, data collection, etc. The module will not only prepare students for their marketing career needs but also prepare them for further academic study.
Multimedia Writing for Public Relations
Multimedia are the communication channels which customers may watch or listen in a form of text, photograph, audio, video, etc. Multimedia provide stimulation and entertainment which appeal to the senses of consumers.
To enable the students to prepare content for multimedia, this module will train up students the strategic writing in public relations for different multimedia, including but not limited to website, blog, social media, video, digital news, photo opportunities, etc.
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 2 subjects; OR
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 1 subject, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; OR
- have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects, and Level 2 in English Language, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; OR
- have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language; OR
- hold a certificate in the marketing, business or related discipline; OR
- be aged at least 21 with 3 years of relevant work experience.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$4,000 per module (Subject to change)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Services Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z137066||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Multichannel Marketing Communications (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z137074||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Public Relations and Event Planning (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z137082||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Digital and Social Media Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z137090||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Digital Advertising Communications and Campaign Planning (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z137104||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
All applicants are required to complete the application form and submit it with one sets of the following supporting documents together with application fee of HK$150 to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres:
1.Certified true copies* of full educational certificates and transcripts;
2. Original / Certified true copies* of testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s working experience;
3. Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card#;
*Certified true copies: Original certificates and transcripts together with the copies are required to be presented to any HKU SPACE enrolment centres for verification.
#To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependents, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Holding an acceptance letter to a HKU SPACE academic progarmme/ course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa. Applicants may wish to note that part-time courses are generally not considered by the Immigration Department for visa purposes except for self-financed, locally accredited taught postgraduate programmes.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Only application fee can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or Bank Draft
Application fee and Course fees can be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card number (if applicable).
Applicants may also pay the Application fee and Course fees by VISA or MasterCard, including "HKU SPACE MasterCard", at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Students may apply for the HKU SPACE Master Card issued by the Bank of East Asia and enjoy the 10-month interest-free instalment for tuition fee of this programme.
- Relevant Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries Certificate for Module (Effective Digital Media Planning and Programmatic Advertising) Certificate for Module (Retail Management and Operations) Certificate for Module (Strategic Retail Marketing) Certificate for Module (Public Relations Planning) 行政人員證書《數碼品牌傳播》 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》 Executive Certificate in Digital and Social Media Marketing 行政人員證書《社交媒體及數碼營銷分析》 Executive Certificate in Data-driven Creative Thinking for Marketers