Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Start Date
- 04 Jul 2022 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- November 2022
- 20 months to max. 40 months
- Course Fee
- HK$4,000 per module (Subject to change)
The rapid development in digitalization and multi-channel retailing has transformed the retail landscape. Total customer satisfaction has been redefined through personalized shopping experience via multi-channel retailing. Nowadays, customers may use more than one sales channels to shop. This part-time advanced diploma programme equips you with new retail management knowledge and skills for multichannel retailing through in-store, online, mobile retailing, etc.
The programme aims to equip participants with the principles, theories and practices in marketing with specialisation in online and offline retail management. On completion of the programme, participants should have acquired a basic understanding of retailing and e-commerce theories and be able to apply these to day-to-day operations at work. The programme also prepares students for further education as well as career advancement in the marketing and management of onmi-channel retailing business and operation.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Apply the theoretical concepts in marketing and retail management to develop marketing solutions for online and offline retailing business,
- Utilise self-management skills, interpersonal and team management skills in the workplace,
- Integrate the tools of multichannel marketing communications, including digital channels, social media, advertising and public relations to promote products and services to the target market of the omnichannel retailing business,
- Apply knowledge in consumer behavioural patterns to identify target markets, determine the positioning of products and services, and to identify consumers’ expectations in online shopping experience and in-store experience,
- Implement the fundamental principles and practices of online and offline retailing operations and marketing strategies in omnichannel retailing business environments.
Assessment is based on a combination of coursework and examinations. The percentage breakdown of coursework and examinations differs from module to module.
Student who complete all 10 modules will be awarded "Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management" within HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Students may apply to exit the programme with a "Diploma in Marketing Studies" upon satisfactory completion of any 5 modules or above.
Holders of this Advanced Diploma with CGPA 2.0 or above will be eligible to apply for the following two top-up degree programmes jointly organized by HKU SPACE and The University of Hull. Details would be found in the related webpages.
- Students normally enroll 2 modules in each term and may complete the programme in 20 months.
For those, who enroll less than 2 modules in each term, may complete the programme in 40 months.
Weekdays 7:00pm - 10:00pm (Occasionally on Saturday morning or afternoon)
HKU SPACE Learning Centres
The programme consists of 10 modules and the details of each module are as below.
This module focus on the knowledge of the special characteristics of services and the unique challenges inherent in the marketing of services and the strategies to address these challenges. It will enable students to develop knowledge and skills in designing and managing service process to enhance customer experiences and engagement, and to create customer value and customer satisfaction.
Digital and Social Media Marketing
Digital Marketing and Social Media become the predominant component in marketing strategies nowadays. In this new module, students will be able to build up a clear concept about customer-centric marketing and digital consumer journey which affects customer segmentation approaches and marketing strategies.
This module will form a solid foundation of digital knowledge with application skills and effectiveness analysis of various digital and social media marketing channels in order to fulfil the vocational needs in various marketing positions.
Multichannel Marketing Communications
The objective of this module is to equip students with knowledge and practices of new marketing communication techniques in this ever-changing world of new media. It enables students to embrace and integrate new media tools with existing communication mix to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing campaigns.
This module aims to train up students with a clear understanding of how and why customer behave in a shopping decision-making process with the foundation of consumer psychology and behavioural concepts. It also equips the students to identify the factors which may affect consumers’ purchasing behaviour and value perception so that students can be able to apply it in their marketing strategic planning in the competitive business environment.
Public Relations and Event Planning
Public relations (PR) play a critical role in the success of products and services. It is vital in achieving positive publicity for a company through strategic PR events and activities.
This module will equip students with PR techniques to manage reputation of a company, to reach out to the general public, community members, and customers through different PR activities and events.
Management Skills for Effective Manager
The success of a business organisation depends very much on the quality of the people working in the organisation. This module provides an opportunity for our students to discover the attributes of an effective manager, nurture their management quality and competencies required to progress to play the role of an effective manager.
Students will be equipped with multi management skills including self-awareness, stress and time management, problem solving and decision making, interpersonal skills such as managing conflicts, effective communication and presentation skills, and team skills which are the basic factors of a successful manager at marketplace.
Shopper Relations and Customer Services
It is crucial for companies to build long-lasting customer relationship which can be leveraged to expand their loyal customer base, extend their market share, and to uplift sales income.
This module is developed to equip our students with customer-centric services, customer relationship management (CRM), customer service communication skills, and service quality control, etc. in order to enrich the shopping experience of the customers and establish loyal customer base.
Online shopping significantly surged during the pandemic. It’s important for online retailers to set up effective e-commerce operation which can be able to directly improve its consumer satisfaction and profitability.
This module is designed to train up students to have a solid foundation of a successful e-Commerce operations, logistic and fulfilment, inventory management, business strategies in competitive environment, operation for B2B, B2C and C2C eCommerce.
Strategic Marketing for Omnichannel Retailing
There is a big shift from single-channel to multi-channel and to omnichannel retailing. Omnichannel retail optimizes multiple sales channels with a high level of integration and cooperation among the channels in order to provide a seamless shopping experience for shoppers.
Students will learn the shopping behaviour in online vs physical shops, the latest trends and challenges in omnichannel retailing including live streaming eCommerce through KOL, cloud-based integrated data platforms to personalize customer experience, social commerce, etc.
Besides, students will also be equipped with the knowledge in marketing strategies for omnichannel retailing to attract shoppers and to effectively leverage online to offline retailing in order to boost up the overall sales revenue of the company.
Retail Management and Operations
This module gives the students basic concept of retail operations and retail business management which include store location selection, store design and layout, merchandising display, manpower arrangement and training, and new retail technology, etc.
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 2 subjects; OR
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 1 subject, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; OR
- have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects, and Level 2 in English Language, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; OR
- have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language; OR
- hold a certificate in the marketing, business or related discipline; OR
- be aged at least 21 with 3 years of relevant work experience.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$4,000 per module (Subject to change)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Business Economics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07956-5||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Consumer Behaviour (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07957-3||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Multichannel Marketing Communications (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07958-1||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Retail Management and Operations (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07891-7||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Principles of Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07955-7||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Strategic Retail Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07892-5||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Essentials of Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07959-5||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Digital Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108066||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Business Communication (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108090||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Business Law (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108147||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Services Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z126749||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
All applicants are required to complete the application form and submit it with one sets of the following supporting documents together with application fee of HK$150 to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres:
1.Certified true copies* of full educational certificates and transcripts;
2. Original / Certified true copies* of testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s working experience;
3. Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card#;
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Only application fee can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or Bank Draft
Application fee and Course fees can be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card number (if applicable).
Applicants may also pay the Application fee and Course fees by VISA or MasterCard, including "HKU SPACE MasterCard", at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Retail, Fashion and Luxury Brand Management Marketing Communications and Branding
- Relevant Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries Certificate for Module (Effective Digital Media Planning and Programmatic Advertising) Certificate for Module (Retail Management and Operations) Certificate for Module (Strategic Retail Marketing) Certificate for Module (Public Relations Planning) 行政人員證書《數碼品牌傳播》 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》 行政人員證書《社交媒體及數碼營銷分析》 Executive Certificate in Digital and Social Media Marketing Executive Certificate in Data-driven Creative Thinking for Marketers