What's Happening Events
Web scraping (website capture / web crawler) in commercial applications (21 Jun)
- FinTech and Financial Intelligence
Thanks for your participation!
The above event has been completed successfully. Please look forward to the upcoming events.
Want to read more about the event recap?
- Date & time
- 21Jun 2023 (Wed)13:00 - 13:30
- Mr Clive Yip
Mr Clive Yip
Mr. Yip is a practitioner in Data Analytics. He has 10 years of experience in both Big 4 consulting firms and multinational companies. He is currently working as a Senior Data Analytics Consultant in a leading insurance company, using Python, SQL and other Big Data technologies to analyse and monitor any non-compliance or fraudulent activities. He has a Master’s degree in Information Technology from HKUST and a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern California. Before entering the data analytics field, he worked as a financial auditor in Ernst and Young and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Hong Kong and Canada.
- 2867 8331 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Relevant Programmes
- moreRelevant Programmes
A web crawler is an automated program that extracts information from web pages.
In this free seminar, the speaker will demonstrate some commercial applications of web crawlers, including:
1) Crawl the data of restaurant review websites, analyze the types and customer ratings of restaurants in each district,
2) Obtain corporate governance (ESG) scores, and analyze the relationship between ESG and long-term stock prices. The speaker will use Python, a popular programming language, to acquire data and then put the data into power bi for data visualization and analysis.
After listening to this free lecture, interested friends can enroll in the course Unit: Business Analysis and Website Extraction. This course will explain the Python programming language and Power BI software from shallow to deep, with many examples for students to practice so that they can make the above-mentioned commercial applications by themselves at the end of the course.
Suitable candidates for this course:
1) People who are interested in entering the data analysis industry
2) Professionals who want to use data analysis and automation tools to increase work efficiency
3) SME owners who want to use web crawlers to acquire potential customers
4) Anyone interested in learning programming and data analysis