Business & Management Human Capital and Leadership
Certificate for Module (Business Presentation and Storytelling Communication Techniques for Executives)
證書 (單元 : 行政人員商務演示及說書溝通技巧)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 22 Aug 2022 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- To Be Advised
- 3 months to 4 months
- Course Fee
- HK$4500 per programme
此課程已列入持續進修基金 CEF 認可課程*！
The objective of the programme is to provide business leaders and managers with the knowledge and skills to build a powerful business presentation and present it in a “storytelling” manner in order to engage the audience and achieve the desired business outcomes.
The programme will equip students with the knowledge and skills to structure a business presentation, add in powerful visuals and craft a “story” to turn dull information into an intriguing sharing opportunity, to engage the audience and communicate the intended message persuasively through the use of verbal and non-verbal skills.
The programme takes the practical approach of hands-on workshops where students get to practise what they learn through live presentations and sharing.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Critically examine the purpose of their business presentation and determine the business outcomes to be achieved;
- Craft an appealing “story” around the business message;
- Identify and select the right visual and audio tools for impact;
- Engage the business audience through verbal and non-verbal communication techniques that drive behaviour; and
- Deliver business presentations in a professional and convincing manner in order to achieve the desired business results.
The programme consists of 35 hours of lectures and 10 hours of workshop (storytelling and presentation practices):
- Pick your moment
- Be clear about the purpose of the business presentation
- Know your audience and their job roles
- About the presenter – yes, you
- Crafting the story
- Preparing the business presentation
- Business Communications Bore
- Types of Business Presentations
- Delivery Techniques
- Handling Stress
To successfully complete the programme, students must
- Attendance not less than 70%
- An overall pass rate of 60% in Coursework and 40% of Group Project
Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a Certificate for Module (Business Presentation and Storytelling Communication Techniques for Executives).
*The class schedule is tentative. HKU SPACE reserves the right to make changes if necessary.
Ms Celene Chang
With experience in finance, acting and teaching, Celene brings the best of these worlds to her approach to speaking. Celene graduated from Stanford with an MBA and a Master in Engineering and has worked as a management consultant and investment banker. She discovered the power of speech and communication at Stanford. Inspired, she continued her training at the American Conservatory Theater, London Academy of Dramatic Art, and Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, specializing in Shakespearean acting.
|Application Code||2040-MS135A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Monday, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Applicants shall hold:
(i) a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution; OR
(ii) a professional qualification and three years of full-time work experience
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
iii. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
iv. HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
v. equivalent qualifications.
Applicants not meeting the standard set of criteria for admission will be assessed on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$4500 per programme
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Business Presentation and Storytelling Communication Techniques for Executives)
證書 (單元 : 行政人員商務演示及說書溝通技巧)
|COURSE CODE 33C13117A||FEES $4,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
CM (Business Presentation and Storytelling Communication Techniques for Executives)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
Tuition fees must be settled at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for the application and the applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- Applicants must print out and sign on the payment slip (if any) before settling the tuition fees at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- Online payment is unavailable for this programme.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.