Engineering and Science General and Environmental Sciences
- gain an in-depth understanding of the climate change challenges and evaluate the impact of the climate crisis on society, corporate performance and the economy.
- understand key climate mitigation and adaptation options;
- enhance personal effectiveness on making a difference on climate change in personal life and in the local community;
- gain an in-depth understanding on the policy options available for Hong Kong.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- evaluate the impact of the climate crisis on society, corporate’s performance and the economy;
- identify the key international agreements driving sustainability issues;
- evaluate the actions taken by the corporates and financial sectors on climate change;
- present the options on energy generation and energy efficiency;
- apply policy and technical options for climate action on buildings, transport, waste and production;
- explain the principles of carbon measurement, management and standards that are essential for effective corporate climate action.
- An overview of the climate crisis
- The economics of climate change
- The politics of climate change
- Business action on climate change
- Role of Green Finance
- Role of Consumer: the individual and the community
- Climate change mitigation solutions
- Climate change adaptation: sustainable cities
- Hong Kong: Climate Mitigation and Adaptation Challenges
- Sustainability Reporting and Carbon Measurement: Standards for Business
- Sustainability Reporting: Carbon management and reduction planning
Students are required to complete and pass all the assessments, including tests and project.
Students who have successfully passed all the assessments and achieved at least 70% attendance will be awarded a "Certificate for Module (Climate Action Professionals)" within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
This programme is run by HKU SPACE in collaboration with Deloitte Advisory (Hong Kong) Limited (DAHK) which is an expert in environmental science, sustainability, and governance. DAHK provides consultation service to a variety of clients from different sectors and trades, including manufacturing, retailing, trading, hotels, entertainment & media, finance, estate management, professional and public services, logistics and transport.
Dr Pascal Vuichard
Dr Pascal Vuichard is an Associate Director specialising in driving sustainability projects spanning across different sectors including the public sector, energy, mobility, waste management, and the buildings sector. Pascal has led various projects focusing on climate change and the energy transition including strategic planning, policy development, and research initiatives in different locations including the UAE, Switzerland, Germany and Hong Kong SAR.
In addition, Pascal is appointed as Adjunct Assistant Professor in Marketing at HKUST in Hong Kong educating the future business leaders on the key elements of climate change – the science, the evolving policy, and role of business. Pascal holds a PhD in Renewable Energy Management from the University of St. Gallen and master's degrees from the London School of Economics.
Ms Victoria Shapovalova
Ms Victoria Shapovalova is a Manager specialising in supply chain sustainability. Victoria’s expertise lies in an in-depth understanding of environmental, social, and business ethics-related risks and materiality across sectors and geographies, as well as expert knowledge of sector-specific sustainability frameworks, standards, certification schemes, and initiatives. A biomedical engineer by training, Victoria is well-versed in quantitative analysis tools and methods. She worked as an ESG Analyst for a well-known business sustainability ratings provider, assessing over 800 companies from various industries.
|Apply Online Now
|Apply Online Now
Days / Time
- Thursday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Fee & Entry Requirements
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subscores lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Climate Action Professionals)
證書 (單元 : 氣候行動專業）
|COURSE CODE 42C125829
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Climate Action Professionals)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
The completed form, together with the application fee $150 and the following supporting documents* should be submitted by the following methods on or before the application deadline.
1. Online Enrolment
• Complete the online application form
• Upload a clear electronic copy of the following documents* with the image type of doc, docx, jpg and pdf and image resolution is 300dpi or above
• Photo of the documents by mobile phone is NOT accepted
2. In Person / Mail
• in person at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres
• by mailing to HKU SPACE, Smart Wellness and Sustainability, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms. Lily Chan)
* Each application must be accompanied by the following documents:
1. Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card
2. Photocopy of award certificate
Please note the following for programme/course enrolment:
2. Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
3. Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discounts, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
4. During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
5. Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
6. For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
7. Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g., course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
8. If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained on this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, Alipay or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, Alipay or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name. You may either:
• bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
• or mail the above documents to HKU SPACE, Smart Wellness and Sustainability, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms. Lily Chan). HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to Online Services for details.
1. For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Alipay, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
2. Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
3. In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
4. Fees and places on courses cannot be transferable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
5. Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
6. For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- General and Environmental Sciences
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate for Module (Sustainability Professionals)