Aviation, Transport and Logistics Aviation Piloting
This course is also on the list of <Professional Training and Examination Refund Scheme> under <Maritime and Aviation Training Fund>. Eligible applicants will be refunded 80% of their fees, subject to a maximum of HK$30,000 (whichever is less) of the fees.
Students who have completed the whole programme (70% Attendance) plus a pass in the assessment will be awarded a Certificate for Module (Operation Procedures of Commercial Flying in Hong Kong) within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) of the programme:
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- summarize the procedures of cockpit control and systems operation of commercial jet aircrafts;
- identify the qualifications and competency requirements of commercial jet aircraft pilots;
- explain the importance of the Crew Resources Management (CRM) in aviation operation.
The programme consists of 36 lecture hours (12 lessons). Topics include:
- Introduction to the jet aircraft
- Qualifications of professional pilots
- Commercial flying
- Communications on commercial flying
- Multi-crew operation environment
- Health of commercial pilots
- Crew Resources Management (CRM)
Hong Kong Flight Training Centre (www.hkftc.com)
# HKU SPACE reserves the right to make changes on the timetable if necessary.
## HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course in case of insufficient enrollment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the programme.
Modules & Class Details
Application Code: 2165-IT081A
Application Deadline: 2 Jan 2024
Date / Time
Theory class (12 meetings):
Class size: around 30 students
Tutors from Hong Kong Flight Training Centre (www.hkftc.com).
Captain or senior pilot of local airlines
Fee & Entry Requirements
A. hold a Certificate in Australian Private Pilot Licence Training (Cert PPL) awarded within HKU system through HKU SPACE;
B. i) hold a Private Pilot Licence from any country or equivalent
ii) have gained:
- Level 2 or above in English Language in the HKDSE Examination; or equivalent; OR
- Level 2 or above in English Language in the HKCEE in or after 2007; OR
- Grade E in English Language (Syllabus B) or Grade C in English Language (Syllabus A) in the HKCEE before 2007.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$5100
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Operation Procedures of Commercial Flying in Hong Kong)
|COURSE CODE 33C13327A||FEES $5,100||ENQUIRY 2975-5887|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Operation Procedures of Commercial Flying in Hong Kong)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- Complete the Application Form (SF26), together with copies of relevant certificates
- Submit to any HKU SPACE Enrollment Centers in person OR
- Post to Programme Team (Attn: Mr Dickson Chau), 13/F Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Programme Team will confirm your application after the application deadline, by mailing the enrolment/payment slip to your corresponding address for settling the tuition fee.
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate in Australian Private Pilot Licence Training ICAO Aviation English Language Proficiency Training Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management Certificate for Module (Helicopter Flying Fundamentals) Certificate for Module (Flight Simulation Training: Single Engine Fixed Wing Aircraft) Certificate in Aviation Studies (Senior Secondary Applied Learning) Australian Private Pilot Licence Theory Training (for Secondary School Students)