English Speed Writing for HKDSE Students
- If you don’t know how to start and what to write
- If you don’t know why your composition is always bad
- If you can only write a few words for an English composition
- If you can’t finish the composition in timed writing sessions
- If you want to improve your English composition and write fast
This is an 8-week writing course covering techniques and strategies to help students achieve the goal of producing an English composition of 200 words in 15 minutes.
Weekly topics include:
- Brainstorming techniques
- Content development
- Passage organization, structure, and flow
- Sentence structures
- Revision techniques (Mid-term exam)
- Common writing errors
- Forms and meanings
- Genres (Final exam)
This course is designed to equip students for time-constrained writing examinations and in-class writing activities. The class size is a maximum of 12 students, so each student may receive quality attention throughout the course.
This is an intensive English speed writing course. Principles and theories concerning weekly topics will be introduced at the beginning of each session. Students will then be assigned in-class writing tasks and activities to apply and practice the learned materials. Each writing activity will be timed. Much of the time of the course will be spent on practicing speed writing in class. The primary goals are to train exam candidates’ speed in English composition and produce a good piece of writing under high pressure which resembles the timed exam of HKDSE. Feedback will be provided and discussed immediately upon completion of in-class writing practices.
- 10% - Participation
- 20% - e-Portfolio of Assignments
- 30% - Midterm exam, in class:
- Write an essay of 200 words in 15 minutes.
- 40% - Final exam, in class:
- Write an essay of 400 words in 45 minutes.
- (5%) - Extra credit (for early submission of ALL assignments)
You may also be interested in the following courses:
- MY SPACE Online Writing Tutor - Academic English 我的網上寫作導師 - 學術英語
|Start Date||26 Apr 2022 (Tue)|
|Time||6:45 - 9:45 pm|
|Venue||Hong Kong Island learning centre|
- 8 session(s)
- 3 hours per session
Secondary 4 to Undergraduate.
Please attach copies of relevant proofs to your application.
Students under the age of 18 at the time of admission to the School have to submit the signed parent/guardian consent form (either English or Chinese version) to the School upon submitting their application and/or before the Programme / Course commences.
- Course Fee : HK$3,500
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
By Post / In Person
Applicants are required to complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate course fee and supporting documents, to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS Or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank Draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to “HKU SPACE” to any of our enrolment centres.
- The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
- The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service; or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.