Life & Health Sciences Dietetics, Food & Nutrition
Master of Science in Dietetics
- Course Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 3 years
- Course Fee
- To be confirmed.
In association with the Ulster University, U.K., HKU SPACE offers the Master of Science (MSc) in Dietetics. The programme is offered on a part-time basis (except for the clinical placement) which falls in line with the school’s mission in delivering flexible programmes which meet the needs of potential students and the community.
This programme is designed to provide academically challenging postgraduate education for graduates who wish to pursue a career in human nutrition and dietetics. The programme will provide students with the opportunity to extend their knowledge and critical skills in human nutrition and to apply such methods and techniques in solving nutritional problems.
The MSc experience will enable the students to develop effective research skills and competencies in the planning and execution of an independent research project. The research findings maybe presented as a scientific paper for publication.
Students who wish to attain the MSc in Dietetics award must successfully complete the PgD Human Nutrition, the PgD Dietetics and the MSc project.
MSc in Dietetics
To progress on to the Master's stage, all students should have successfully completed the PgD Dietetics programme and are required to have obtained an overall average pass mark of 50% or more and no less than 50% in any component or examination. Students will then undertake a MSc research project that extends over a period of 1 year (part time).
- PgD in Human Nutrition which extends over 1 year (part-time) plus Dietetic Professional Practice Module (2 months) plus 28 weeks of clinical placement (full-time) plus a research project (1 year part-time)
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
- To be confirmed.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment (for the course/programme has online enrolment only)
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Dietetics, Food & Nutrition