Engineering and Science Library and Information Studies
The programme is jointly organized by the International Council on Archives - East Asian Regional Branch (EASTICA) and HKU SPACE.
The programme aims to guide students to plan, establish and manage archives in their organization to meet business, legal, fiscal, public relations and cultural needs.
All lectures and seminars are conducted by academics and archives specialists from the world over. All instructors are prominent experts in the subjects they teach.
This is a three-week intensive programme comprising not less than 100 hours of lecturing, seminar and visit. The programme introduces to students:
- Fundamentals of Archives
- Records in Office System: Management of Records throughout their life cycle
- Appraisal and Acquisition
- Arrangement and Description
- Management of Electronic Records
- Archives Automation
Certificate will be awarded to candidates who have completed the following requirements:
- achieve at least 80% attendance; and
- achieve a pass in class exercises and assignments; and
- achieve a pass in a written report to be submitted within ONE month after the end of lectures.
On request, overseas student will be assisted in making accommodation arrangements during their stay in Hong Kong. Room rate is approximately HK$1,200 per day (single/doucle occupancy), subject to 10% service charge. Please note that room rates depend on individual hotel/guest house.
|Application Code||2155-LB009A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 6:00pm
- 3 weeks;
Fee & Entry Requirements
- Overseas students : HK$15,000
Local students : HK$15,000
(course fee subject to revise)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Postgraduate Certificate in Archival Studies
|COURSE CODE 44E104670||FEES $15,000||ENQUIRY 2587-3233|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Certificate in Archival Studies
Online Application Apply NowEnrolment Method
- Application for Enrolment Form (SF26) and
- AS1 Form - Application Form for Postgraduate Certificate in Archival Studies AS1
Application has to be accompanied by photocopies of academic transcripts, certificates, as well as recommendation from employers.
The two application forms can also be downloaded from EASTICA's website: http://www.eastica.net
Any other enquiries could also be directed to Mr. Simon CHU (Special Advisor, EASTICA) at (852) 9729 3681 or Miss Katrina Knip at (852) 2587 3256 or email@example.com about administration matters.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.