Marketing & HospitalityHospitality, Tourism & Events
Certificate for Module (Business Aviation Executive Management)
證書 (單元 : 商務航空行政管理)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 23 Feb 2021 (Tue)
- 12 weeks
- Course Fee
- HK$12,000 per programme
The programme aims to familiarize students with the key functions of business aviation management, which encompasses stakeholder management, legal and compliance, financial management, sale and marketing management, business development, as well as human resources management. A wide range of best practices in business aviation will be drawn from different continents, so that students will have a comprehensive and professional understanding of management knowledge and skills to deal with a variety of people, tasks and business needs in the business aviation sector.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
1. differentiate and explain the roles and functions of different key stakeholders in business aviation;
2. examine the related policies, regulations and laws that the business aviation sector has to comply;
3. discuss how financial management and business development can facilitate business sustainability; and
4. critically assess the characteristics of marketing and human resources management in the context of business aviation.
Details of Module
1. Overview of Business Aviation
Upon completion of the programme, students are required to achieve 70% attendance and pass all the assessment and a Certificate for Module (Business Aviation Executive Management) will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
All coursework of the programme will be completed in English. It is a combination of Individual Essay and Group Project.
The module will be taught in English. Lecture notes, teaching materials and assessments will be in English as well. Classes will be held on weekday evenings (07:00pm to 10:00pm) or weekends day time.
The programme targets for
- commercial airline/ business aviation practitioners who aspire to have career advancement to enter business aviation sector with a recognized academic qualification;
- commercial airline/ business aviation practitioners and management personnel seeking to gain systematic and comprehensive management skills and knowledge in the planning and operation of business aviation;
- people who have interests in the growing field of business aviation management regardless of their industry background and/or academic disciplines; and
- professionals who are interested in or have some involvement in business aviation field, e.g. marshall/ lawyer, commercial Pilot/captain, aviation consultants, airport security & safety manager, air traffic controller, president/owner business jet aviation management company, engineers/managers with aircraft engineering and manufacturing etc.
- executives and managers from airports, regulatory bodies, airlines, air traffic control service providers and other aviation-related organizations who wish to enhance the operational and management professional training and would like to get a credential.
|1||23 Feb 2021 (Tuesday)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Lecture|
|2||02 Mar 2021 (Tuesday)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Lecture|
|3||9 Mar 2021 (Tuesday)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Lecture|
|4||15 Mar 2021 (Monday)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Lecture|
|5||23 Mar 2021 (Tuesday)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Lecture|
|6||30 Mar 2021 (Tuesday)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Lecture|
|7||20 Apr 2021 (Tuesday)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Lecture|
|8||27 Apr 2021 (Tuesday)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Lecture|
|9||04 May 2021 (Tuesday)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Lecture|
|10||11 May 2021 (Tuesday)||7:00pm - 10:00pm||Lecture|
|Application Code||1870-HT010A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Tuesday, -
Our teachers come from strong hospitality and/or business aviation industry background, and students will gain extensive industrial knowledge with a lot of insights from teachers.
Ms. Amy Yang
Board of Governors, Asian Business Aviation Association (AsBAA)
Director of Marketing & Communications, Asia, VistaJet
Areas of expertise: Marketing, Branding, Public Relations, Business Development
MR. JEFF CHIANG
Chief Operating Officer, Asian Business Aviation Association (AsBAA)
Areas of expertise: Charter Operations, Aircraft Management, Business Management, Legal
- hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
- hold an Associate Degree / a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- HK$12,000 per programme
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Business Aviation Executive Management)
證書 (單元 : 商務航空行政管理)
|COURSE CODE 33C131153||FEES $12,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8408|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Business Aviation Executive Management)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”.
*HKU SPACE MasterCard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
A. In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Coourse fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
About Asian Business Aviation Association (AsBAA)
The Asian Business Aviation Association (AsBAA) is a non-profit association representing business and general aviation companies and individuals based in Asia and around the world. AsBAA's members include major aircraft manufacturers, business aircraft operators, business aviation service providers, aviation financial services, aviation legal services, aviation insurance providers, and individual business aviation professionals. Through AsBAA, its members receive support with operational challenges and in turn, also support the advancement and development of the business and general aviation industry in Asia.
AsBAA’s mission is to represent the needs of its members and the industry through its three core pillars: Advocacy, Representation, and Community. AsBAA actively advocates the benefits of business aviation to key stakeholders such as government, transport ministries, and the media. AsBAA represents the interests of all sectors of the business aviation industry across the region. Finally, AsBAA creates a community in which its members can network, access B2B opportunities, and tackle common operational issues with greater collective influence.
- More Programmes of
- Hospitality, Tourism & Events
- Relevant Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management Advanced Diploma in Tourism and Travel Experience Management Advanced Diploma in Live Entertainment, Festival and Event Management Advanced Diploma in M.I.C.E. and Event Management Certificate for Module (Introduction to Private Jet Management) Certificate in Private Jet Hospitality Service Management Certificate for Module (Butler Service) Certificate for Module (Business Aviation International Operations) Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) in International Festival & Event Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Cruise Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Tourism Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Hospitality Management