Accounting & FinanceFinTech and Financial Intelligence
Executive Certificate in AI and Deep Learning in Quantitative Finance
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 21 Nov 2020 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- Feb 2021
- 2 months to 3 months
- Course Fee
- HK$9500 per programme
The recent advances in Big Data and AI have major impact on the investment...
Our experienced lecturer will share the latest development of AI with you and the practical applications of Deep Learning in investment management. To know more AI applications in quantitative finance, welcome for your online application!
This programme aims to provide students with knowledge about Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning in Quantitative Finance as well as their latest developments and applications to finance and investment. It covers various learning algorithms and neural networks as well as machine intelligence to facilitate finance and investment decision making.
On completion of this programme, students should be able to:
- Identify the latest development of AI and Deep Learning in Quantitative Finance;
- examine common learning algorithms and neural networks to facilitate investment decision making;
- illustrate the learning algorithms and neural networks using computation tools;
- discuss the applications of AI and Deep Learning in the finance services sector.
(1) Mr. Ken Liu, co-founder and CTO of Datatact Ltd, a startup focus on AI, Machine Learning and Big Data analytics. He is a hands on expert in his specialized area for over 10 years. Prior to Datatact, Ken worked at Citi, HSBC, Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse as Algo-Trading developer. Ken earned a Master in Computer Science from USC and a Bachelor in Computer Science from University of Warwick.
(2) Dr. Simon Yiu, IT Department Head of a financial institution in Hong Kong, he handled many fintech initiatives and projects, such as Algo trading, finance big data analytics, Robo-advisors etc. Before that, he also worked for AI, and Machine learning startup as co-founder and CTO which located at a Hong Kong Science Park and participant at University organized Entrepreneurship Center in 2010, they focus on AI, Machine Learning, Big Data analytics and Natural language processing etc. Furthermore, He has hands-on programming experiences in fintech areas for over 10 years. Simon earned a Doctoral Degree in Business Administration from the City University of Hong Kong and a Master Degree in Data Science and Business Statistics from The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
|Application Code||1845-EP159A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Saturday, 1:00pm - 7:00pm
- Kowloon Learning Centre
- Hong Kong Island Learning Centre
(1) Introduction to AI and Deep Learning in Quantitative Finance
- Overview of the latest technological developments
- Big Data and FinTech
- Cloud computing and 5G
- AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Introduction to computation tools in Quantitative Finance
- Python Programming Language
- Scikit-learn for AI and Machine Learning
- TensorFlow, Keras and PyTorch for Deep Learning
- Emerging Trends in AI, Deep Learning and FinTech
(2) Learning Algorithms and Machine Intelligence
- Supervised learning: penalized regression, support vector machine, k-nearest neighbor, classification and regression tree, ensemble learning, and random forest
- Unsupervised learning: principal components analysis, k-means clustering, and hierarchical clustering
- Reinforcement learning: deep reinforcement learning, deep Q-Learning
- Deep learning: Convolution Neural Networks (CNN), Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN) and Long Short Term Memory (LSTM)
- Cognitive analytics: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computational Linguistics
- Algorithms on graphs: social networks, link analysis
(3) Applications of AI and Deep Learning in Quantitative Finance
- Fintech Disruption: a glimpse into the future
- Big and Alternative data powered Investment Management: stock selection (forecast combinations, feature engineering)
- Natural Language Processing: chatbots and sentiment analysis on corporate earnings, news and social media
- Reinforcement Learning: automated strategy development in algorithmic trading
- Anomaly Detection: Bankruptcy Prediction and Risk Management
- Wealth Management: Robo-advisors and the future of Digital and Virtual Banking
November intake :
|1||21 Nov 20 (Sat)||13:00 - 19:00|
|2||28 Nov 20 (Sat)||13:00 - 19:00|
|3||5 Dec 20 (Sat)||13:00 - 19:00|
|4||12 Dec 20 (Sat)||13:00 - 19:00|
|5||19 Dec 20 (Sat)||13:00 - 19:00|
Remarks : Tentative timetable is subject to change and course commencement is subject to sufficient enrollment numbers
Applicants shall hold:
a) a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized University or equivalent; or
b) an Associate Degree/ a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of relevant working experience.
Applicants with qualifications in quantitative areas (e.g., mathematics, engineering, statistics, computer science, economics, finance) are preferred. Those with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
**Please upload copy of HKID and proof of degree while applying online.
HK$150 (student only needs to pay one time application fee for all EC in Big Data Series)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$9500 per programme (Course fees are subject to change without prior notice)
- Early Bird Rate : HK$8900 per programme (Early-Bird discounted fee for enrolment on/before 6 Nov 20)
- Alumni Rate : HK$8900 per programme (Alumni from EDEC in Big Data and FinTech Programme Series)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- FinTech and Financial Intelligence
- Relevant Programmes
- Executive Certificate in Big Data, A.I. and Investing Executive Diploma in Financial Analytics Executive Certificate in Applied AI and Predictive Analytics for Business Executive Certificate in Applied Financial Risk Management Executive Certificate in Big Data and Business Analytics Executive Certificate in Big Data and Predictive Analytics Executive Certificate in Big Data, Governance and Compliance Executive Certificate in Interpretation and Visualization of Business Big Data Executive Certificate in Applied Business Analytics and Decision Optimization