Social SciencesPsychology & Counselling
Advanced Certificate in Counselling
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 08 Oct 2019 (Tue)
- 1 year and 6 months
- Course Fee
- HK$15,500 per programme
This programme is specially designed for those who are interested in acquiring knowledge in the key areas of counselling. The modules will provide students with a general understanding of the discipline and training in basic counselling skills.
This Advanced Certificate programme is a part-time programme primarily designed for those who are interested to acquire general knowledge in some of the key areas in Counselling. The programme is also suitable for practitioners in fields such as education, business, human resources, nursing, and public services etc. who are seeking to enhance personal or professional development. For degree holders (in a discipline other than counselling) who are considering further studies in the area of counselling, the Advanced Certificate programme will provide them with a good understanding of the discipline.
In general, assessment will be by coursework and written examination. The minimum attendance requirement is 75% for each module.
The Advanced Certificate programme can be completed in three semesters on a part-time basis. The maximum registration period is three years. There is 1 intake per year: mid-October.
Medium of Instruction
English, all assignments and examinations must be written in English.Days / Time
- Tuesday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm
- Thursday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- 1.5 years minimum, 3 years maximum
- Alternative Approaches to Counselling
- Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Counselling
- Introduction to Psychology
- Micro-skills in Counselling
- Self-understanding and Communication Skills
Tentative venue will be as follows:
HKU SPACE Kowloon East Campus;
HKU SPACE Island East Campus;
HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Stanley Ho Community College (HPSHCC) Campus.
Applicants are expected to be holders of:
- a recognized bachelor’s degree in any discipline; or
- an Associate Degree or a Higher Diploma or an Advanced Diploma in any discipline awarded by a recognized institution; or
- an equivalent qualification.
HK$150 non-refundableCourse Fee
- Course Fee : HK$15,500 per programme (to be paid in 1 instalment)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorNo Sector
|Advanced Certificate in Counselling
|COURSE CODE 44K10608A||FEES $15,500||ENQUIRY 2975-5655|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants should submit i) a completed application form (SF26), ii) copies of academic certificates / transcripts, iii) a copy of HKID card or passport*, and iv) an application fee of HK$150 by crossed cheque (payable to “HKU SPACE”) to the following address:
Ms. Karina Cheng, HKU SPACE, Room 1109, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Re: Application for Advanced Certificate in Counselling)
* Applicants will be asked to present their HKID cards or passports for verification if applying in person at one of the HKU SPACE enrolment counters, or to attach a copy of their HKID cards or passports if applying by post.Payment Method
This programme is by selection, we will inform course applicants of the selection result as soon as possible after the closing date for application, normally will be 2 weeks. Successful applicants will be given an admission letter with the details of payment methods of the course fee.