Social Sciences Psychology & Counselling
This programme is specially designed for those who are interested in acquiring knowledge in the key areas of counselling. The modules will provide students with a general understanding of the discipline and training in basic counselling skills.
This Advanced Certificate programme is a part-time programme primarily designed for those who are interested to acquire general knowledge in some of the key areas in Counselling. The programme is also suitable for practitioners in fields such as education, business, human resources, nursing, and public services etc. who are seeking to enhance personal or professional development. For degree holders (in a discipline other than counselling) who are considering further studies in the area of counselling, the Advanced Certificate programme will provide them with a good understanding of the discipline.
In general, assessment will be by coursework and written examination. The minimum attendance requirement is 75% for each module.
The Advanced Certificate programme can be completed in two semesters on a part-time basis. The maximum registration period is three years. There are two intake per year: April and October.
Medium of Instruction
Applicants should be able to read and write in both English and Chinese. All assignments and examinations must be written in English.
Days / Time
- Tuesday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm
- Thursday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 6:00pm
- 1 year minimum, 3 years maximum
- Alternative Approaches to Counselling
- Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Counselling
- Introduction to Psychology
- Micro-skills in Counselling
- Self-understanding and Communication Skills
Tentative venue will be as follows:
- HKU SPACE Kowloon East Campus;
- HKU SPACE Island East Campus;
- HKU SPACE Fortress Tower Learning Centre;
- HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Stanley Ho Community College (HPSHCC) Campus.
Applicants are expected to be holders of:
- a recognized bachelor’s degree in any discipline; or
- an Associate Degree or a Higher Diploma or an Advanced Diploma in any discipline awarded by a recognized institution; or
- an equivalent qualification.
HK$150 non-refundableCourse Fee
- Course Fee : HK$16,000 per programme (to be paid in 1 instalment)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Advanced Certificate in Counselling
|COURSE CODE 44K10608A||FEES $16,000||ENQUIRY 2975-5655|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Certificate in Counselling
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants should submit i) a completed application form (SF26), ii) copies of academic certificates / transcripts, iii) a copy of HKID card or passport*, and iv) an application fee of HK$150 by crossed cheque (payable to “HKU SPACE”) to the following address:
Ms. Ella Leung, HKU SPACE, Room 1109, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Re: Application for Advanced Certificate in Counselling)
* Applicants will be asked to present their HKID cards or passports for verification if applying in person at one of the HKU SPACE enrolment counters, or to attach a copy of their HKID cards or passports if applying by post.Payment Method
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional academic qualification as required for our selection process. The programme team will inform course applicants of the selection result as soon as possible after the closing date, which usually will be two weeks after the closing date. Successful applicants will be given an admission letter with the details of payment methods of the course fee.
- More Programmes of
- Psychology & Counselling Social Sciences