Aviation, Transport and Logistics Aviation Piloting
The programme will equip students with a comprehensive understanding of helicopter flying during the initial stage of flight training. Students will acquire knowledge of instrument systems, flight theory, meteorology, and operational procedures.
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) of the programme:
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
1. describe the principles, systems, licence and safety regulations of flying a helicopter;
2. identify safety issues and potential hazards in helicopter flying; and
3. describe the pre-flight preparation, ground procedures and basic skills of flying a helicopter.
The programme consists of 36 lecture hours (12 lessons). Topics include:
- Aerodynamics and principles of flight
- Helicopter systems and engine
- Pre-flight preparation, performance, weight and balance
- Basic flight maneuvers
- Emergencies and hazards
- Airfield, training environment and flight rules
Students who have completed the whole programme (70% Attendance) plus a pass in the assessment will be awarded a Certificate for Module (Helicopter Flying Fundamentals) within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Hong Kong Flight Training Centre (www.hkftc.com)
HKFTC will recommend qualified teachers for the delivery of the programme.
1-hour examination (100%)
# HKU SPACE reserves the right to make changes on the timetable if necessary.
## HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course in case of insufficient enrollment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the programme.
Days / Time
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Fortress Tower Learning Centre
Given the COVID-19 situation might still be fluid, please note that the School may substitute face-to-face classes with online teaching if necessary. Our Programme Team will contact students concerned with details of such arrangements before the class starts or during the classes as necessary.
- Tutors from Hong Kong Flight Training Centre (www.hkftc.com).
Applicants shall have gained:
- Level 2 or above in English Language in the HKDSE Examination, or equivalent; OR
- Level 2 or above in English Language in the HKCEE in or after 2007; OR
- Grade E in English Language (Syllabus B) or Grade C in English Language (Syllabus A) in the HKCEE before 2007.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$4500 per programme
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Helicopter Flying Fundamentals)
|COURSE CODE 33C138336||FEES $4,500||ENQUIRY 2975-5887|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Helicopter Flying Fundamentals)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- Complete the Application Form (SF26), together with copies of relevant certificates and a cheque payable to HKU SPACE
- Submit to any HKU SPACE Enrollment Centers in person OR
- Post to Programme Team (Attn: Mr Dickson Chau), 13/F Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Programme Team will confirm your application after the application deadline.
- More Programmes of
- Aviation Piloting
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate in Australian Private Pilot Licence Training Certificate for Module (Operation Procedures of Commercial Flying in Hong Kong) ICAO Aviation English Language Proficiency Training Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management Certificate for Module (Flight Simulation Training: Single Engine Fixed Wing Aircraft) Bachelor of Aviation Management 航空學(高中應用學習)證書 Australian Private Pilot Licence Theory Training (for Secondary School Students)