Arts, Design & Culture Arts Management
Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Industries Management
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 08 Oct 2022 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- March 2023
- 1 year
- Course Fee
Hong Kong's cultural and creative industries have grown at a rate faster than the overall economy in recent years. This Programme is designed to equip you with practical knowledge of the activities, structures and processes involved in the management in this dynamic sector.
Who should enrol?
Anyone who wants to become a manager or to explore business opportunities in the creative sector is welcome to apply, so are current arts administrators, curators, event organizers, and teachers of arts and culture subjects.
Why study this Programme at HKU SPACE?
The programme aims to provide the interested and qualified students:
i) practical experience in developing programming ideas, designing marketing strategies and executing financial plans for the creative sector;
ii) systematic training in management, and;
iii) opportunity to further upgrade their knowledge and expertise in relation to the creative industries.
Our teachers are well-recognized personnel at senior management level in the creative sector who will share their valuable experience with real-life cases.
The field trip offers exposure to creative industries and enterprises outside Hong Kong, including areas of visual art, performing arts, architecture, design, etc.
Students come from a variety of background, such as museums, performing arts bodies and different arts and cultural enterprises, thus enabling useful exchange and sharing.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- examine and evaluate current creative industries development in Hong Kong and generate new ideas and directions for a particular sector;
- compare and discuss different programming ideas for the creative industries;
- prepare and execute financial plans and set up fundraising projects within the context of a creative sector; and
- evaluate the marketing environment and design marketing strategies for specific creative target markets;
This 1-year programme consists of 4 modules and a Field Trip:
- Principles of Arts and Cultural Management
- Financial Management, Planning and Resource Development
- Arts and Cultural Marketing
- Seminar in Creative Industries
- Field Trip
Field trip details will be announced later and the final itinerary will be subject to last- minute changes.
Assessment and Award:
- Class attendance no less than 70% for each module
- Assignments (individual and group) ranging from 2,000 – 4,000 words
- Presentations and participation
A ‘Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Industries Management’ will be awarded under HKU system through HKU SPACE to students who have satisfactorily completed the programme.
|Module Topic||Commencement Date||Teachers|
Principles of Arts and Cultural Management
Mr Raymond Wong,
Seminar in Creative Industries
10.00am - 6.00pm
Ms Cally Yu,
Independent Artist, Writer and Art Critic
|Arts and Cultural Marketing||Mar 2023
10:00am - 6:00pm
Ms Carrie Li
Financial Management, Planning and Resource Development
10.00am - 6.00pm
Ms Susanna Chiu,
To be confirmed
|Application Code||2050-PE001B||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
The COVID-19 situation has been changing rapidly and the School has been responding accordingly. During this trying time, we are committed to provide quality programmes/courses for continuing education and professional development. The health and safety of our students will be our top priority. We will arrange classes to be held in their intended mode as far as possible. Given that the situation is still fluid, please do understand that the School may substitute face-to-face classes with online teaching if necessary in the event that face-to-face classes cannot be held. Our respective Programme Teams will contact the students concerned with details of such arrangements before the class starts or during the classes as necessary.
Applicants shall hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent awarded by a recognized university; and have at least one year of work experience in related fields.
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$32,000 (one instalment)
- Extra Cost for Field Trip: HK$20,000 - $25,000
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Financial Management, Planning and Resource Development (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Industries Management)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07418-6||FEES $8,000||ENQUIRY 2975-5738|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Industries Management
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit your application with all the following documents through one of our enrolment counters in person or send by post to the following address:
19/F, Island East Campus
494 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong
(Application for PgDip CIM)
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
- A copy of HKID Card;
- Copies of certificates and transcripts of academic/professional qualifications; and
- A crossed cheque of HK$200 made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ as application fee (non-refundable)
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.