Arts, Design & CultureArts Management
Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Industries Management
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 04 Jan 2020 (Sat)
- 1 year
- Course Fee
Hong Kong's cultural and creative industries have grown at a rate faster than the overall economy in recent years. This Programme is designed to equip you with practical knowledge of the activities, structures and processes involved in the management in this dynamic sector.
Who should enrol?
Anyone who wants to become a manager or to explore business opportunities in the creative sector is welcome to apply, so are current arts administrators, curators, event organizers, and teachers of arts and culture subjects.
Why study this Programme at HKU SPACE?
The programme aims to provide the interested and qualified students:
i) practical experience in developing programming ideas, designing marketing strategies and executing financial plans for the creative sector;
ii) systematic training in management, and;
iii) opportunity to further upgrade their knowledge and expertise in relation to the creative industries.
Our teachers are well-recognized personnel at senior management level in the creative sector who will share their valuable experience with real-life cases.
The field trip offers exposure to creative industries and enterprises outside Hong Kong, including areas of visual art, performing arts, architecture, design, etc.
Students come from a variety of background, such as museums, performing arts bodies and different arts and cultural enterprises, thus enabling useful exchange and sharing.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- examine and evaluate current creative industries development in Hong Kong and generate new ideas and directions for a particular sector;
- compare and discuss different programming ideas for the creative industries;
- prepare and execute financial plans and set up fundraising projects within the context of a creative sector; and
- evaluate the marketing environment and design marketing strategies for specific creative target markets;
This 1-year programme consists of 4 modules and a Field Trip:
- Principles of Arts and Cultural Management
- Financial Management, Planning and Resource Development
- Arts and Cultural Marketing
- Seminar in Creative Industries
- Field Trip
Field trip details will be announced later and the final itinerary will be subject to last- minute changes.
Assessment and Award:
- Class attendance no less than 70% for each module
- Assignments (individual and group) ranging from 2,000 – 4,000 words
- Presentations and participation
A ‘Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Industries Management’ will be awarded under HKU system through HKU SPACE to students who have satisfactorily completed the programme.
|Module Topic||Class Date||Teachers|
|Principles of Arts and Cultural Management||
Ms Shirley Wong,
|Financial Management, Planning and Resource Development||
Ms Susanna Chiu,
|Field Trip||TBC||Mr Tan Tack Ki,
Senior Programme Director,
|Arts and Cultural Marketing||May 2020
10.00am - 6.00pm
|Ms Katy Cheng,
Marketing Director, Hong Kong Arts Festival
|Seminar in Creative Industries||
Ms Jacqueline Chong,
CMO at Plutux Labs
|Start Date||4 January 2020|
Days / Time
- Saturday, 10:00am - 6:00pm
Applicants shall hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent awarded by a recognized university; and have at least one year of work experience in related fields.
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$32,000 (one instalment)
- Extra Cost: (Field Trip)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Financial Management, Planning and Resource Development (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Industries Management)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07418-6||FEES $8,000||ENQUIRY 2975-5738|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Industries Management
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit your application with all the following documents through one of our enrolment counters in person or send by post to the following address:
Room 602B, 6/F, United Centre
95 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong
(Attn: PG Programme Admission Team)
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
- A copy of HKID Card;
- Copies of certificates and transcripts of academic/professional qualifications; and
- A crossed cheque of HK$200 made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ as application fee (non-refundable)
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.