Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Health Management
Postgraduate Diploma in Health Services Management
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 11 Apr 2023 (Tue)
- About 2 years
- Course Fee
This programme is designed to offer a well-rounded education in health services management for contemporary health care managers who desire to enhance their management effectiveness in today's complex health care setting.
Healthcare services have undergone rapid changes in the past few decades. The future of hospitals does not appear encouraging: a decline in government funding and unlikely increase in reimbursement; workforce shortage and downsizing eroding trust between staff and management; constant but justified demands for better quality and safer healthcare from a better informed community. Interrelated to these factors is the out-dated medical equipment and aging physical structure that are in need of significant infrastructure upgrades. While hospital managers find themselves struggling under the increasing demand for better services against declining revenue, they strive to assume strong leadership, accountability, organizational commitment, a willingness to take risks and to improve operational efficiency and market positioning.
This programme is designed for contemporary healthcare managers who desire to enhance their management effectiveness, so that they can be successful in responsible managerial positions in the complex health care setting.
On completion of this programme, the students should be able to:
- Evaluate advanced management concepts that are applicable in healthcare settings;
- Apply effective managerial decision-making in planning and implementing healthcare services;
- Critically examine the political, economic, socio-cultural and financial aspects of the healthcare system;
- Synthesize techniques of total quality management in healthcare settings to enhance the provision of quality healthcare services; and
- Be cognizant of the opportunities and challenges of health services management in a complex healthcare setting.
There are 10 modules to the programme. Each module will be delivered in 21 contact hours. There is no set sequence in the module delivery as each of the modules has its unique feature yet interrelates with each other.
- Healthcare System and Health Insurance
- Health Emergency and Crisis Management, Organizational Safety Management
- Health Policy and Hospital Administration
- Health Economics & Investment Analysis
- Healthcare Finance
- Organizational Behaviors
- Strategic Marketing
- Quality Management
- Human Resources Management
- Law and Health Services Management
All CEF reimbursement should be made, after finishing the course, within four years from the date that the application was approved.
The programme is for those who are engaging in health services management. It is also suitable for healthcare professionals who wish to pursue a career in health services management and administration.
On completion of all the required assessments, the students will be awarded the Postgraduate Diploma in Health Services Management within the HKU System through HKU SPACE.
Recommended CNE points: 210
Days / Time
- Tuesday, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- About 2 years
Applicants should hold a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognised university.
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Postgraduate Diploma in Health Services Management
|COURSE CODE 41G107768||FEES $45,000||ENQUIRY 2975-5688|
Continuing Education Fund
Postgraduate Diploma in Health Services Management programme is registered with the Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF) as a CEF reimbursable course.
For details, visit their address at http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef/.
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Health Services Management
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Please return the completed application form with supporting qualification documents together with the application fee in the form of a crossed cheque made payable to HKU SPACE to Nursing Studies and Health Care, HKU SPACE, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King’s Road, North Point, Hong KongPayment Method
1. Cash, EPS Or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank Draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to “HKU SPACE” to any of our enrolment centres.