Accounting & FinanceAccounting
Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 11 May 2020 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- May-2020, Sep-2020, Jan-2021
- 1 year to 5 years
This Programme offers you - the accounting knowledge required in commercial world - a FAST-TRACK to become a professional accountant. The Programme is also recognised by ACCA, CIMA, CPA Aust and HKICPA.
- Graduates awarded excellent results in the prestigious accounting professional bodies.
- ACCA Top Achievers in Dec 2015, Dec 2016 and Mar 2019 examination sessions
- HKICPA QP Prize award for Top students in Dec 2010/ 2012/ 2013/ 2014/ 2015
- NEW -- Video recording service of each lecture is available for the module "Financial Reporting", "Cost and Management Accounting", "Financial Management" and "Basic Accounting".
All modules of the programme are CEF reimbursable.
Non-means-tested loans Scheme from Government.
Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000.
This Programme is designed to prepare non-accounting bachelor degree graduates to become professional accountants through satisfying the educational requirements for admission to the Qualification Programme (QP) of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA).
This Programme is recognised by ACCA, CIMA, CPA Aust and HKICPA and you are eligible to enrol in their professional examinations.
- HKICPA : Accredited part-time conversion programme. Gradates are eligible for direct entry to the HKICPA's Qualification Programme (QP).
(Applicants bear the responsibility to confirm with HKICPA that their bachelor’s degrees are recognized by HKICPA in meeting it’s student registration requirements before enrolling on this PgD(PA) programme. The PgD(PA) awardees shall be eligible for direct entry to the QP of HKICPA. However, the final admission decision is subject to the approval of the HKICPA.)
For New QP
Grandfathering arrangements are available for existing accredited accountancy degree and conversion programmes. Students admitted to these accredited accountancy programmes on or before 31 December 2019 are eligible for block exemption of all 10 Associate Modules after graduation irrespective of the outcome of the re-accreditation exercise for the programmes (i.e. eligible for enrolment in the Professional Level of the new QP).
<Source from the website of HKICPA, please click HERE for details.>
- ACCA : Graduates of this programme will be exempted up to 9 papers from the ACCA Qualification examinations.
- CPA Australia : Graduates of this programme are eligible to enrol on the CPA program examinations.
For students do not satisfy the taxation competency area of CPA program
If you do not want to complete the Advanced Taxation elective, you may choose to complete the "Taxation and Tax Planning" from our programme instead.
<Source from the website of CPA Australia, please click HERE for details.>
- AIA : Graduates of this programme will be exempted up to 12 papers from the AIA Professional examinations.
- CIMA : Graduates of this programme will be exempted up to 7 papers from the CIMA Chartered Management Accounting Qualification.
- Scholarships will be granted from the professional bodies below to our top student:
3) CPA Australia
This Programme offers the following articulation paths:
Graduates of this Programme are eligible to enrol in the MSc in Professional Accountancy programmeoffered by University of London and ACCA. The programme allows you to complete a Master degree and ACCA professional qualification at the SAME time.
HKU SPACE offers comprehensive preparatory courses to support your study of this MSc programme. Please refer to the programme's webpage for details:
* This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
- Weekday evenings or Saturdays afternoons/ evenings or Sundays morning/ afternoons/ evenings.
|Application Code||1785-AC004A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
This Programme consists of six core modules and six business knowledge supporting modules:
(40 hours each except Financial Reporting)
|1. Financial Reporting (50 hours)*||2. Cost and Management Accounting*|
|3. Financial Management*||4. Business and Company Law|
|5. Auditing and Professional Practice||6. Taxation and Tax Planning|
Business Knowledge Supporting Modules
(36 hours each except Basic Accounting)
|1. Basic Accounting (40 hours)*||2. Statistics|
|3. Economics||4. Management Information Systems|
|5. Principles of Marketing||6. Business Organisation & Organisational Behaviour|
* Video recording service of each lecture is available for revision via online learning platform.
- For descriptions of the modules, please refer to the programme brochure available at the the "Leaflet" button above.
Exemption from Business Knowledge Supporting Modules
In general, applications for exemption from the Business Knowledge Supporting modules will be considered if applicants have prior studies of equivalent modules with standard, depth and scope at higher diploma level or above.
For Basic Accounting, equivalent modules taken 10 years ago or with results of grade D or below may not be considered for exemption.
Exemption from CORE Modules
- Applications for exemption from Business and Company Law and Cost and Management Accounting will be considered if applicants have prior studies of equivalent modules with appropriate standard, depth and scope at bachelor degree level or above.
- For Business and Company Law, equivalent module(s) taken before year 2014 may not be considered for exemption.
- For Cost and Management Accounting, equivalent module(s) taken with grade D or below may not be considered for exemption.
- Applications fee for each Core module exemption is HK$500 (non-refundable).
- Those with exempted Core modules are required to pay a fee of HK$1,000 rather than HK$7,150.
Applicants who would like to apply for exemption should complete the relevant part in the application form and submit together with course syllabuses/ outlines of equivalent modules in their prior studies. The Admission Committee will grant exemptions to qualified applicants who could provide sufficient documentary evidences before the respective application deadlines. Late submission of relevant information will result in no exemption.
|Jan 2020||Mon & Sat||Thu||Fri||Wed|
The above schedules are subject to change.
FR - Financial Reporting
CMA - Cost and Management Accounting
FM - Financial Management
LAW - Business and Company Law
APP - Auditing and Professional Practice
TAX - Taxation and Tax Planning
|Business Knowledges Supporting Modules||BA||STAT||BOOB||MKT||ECON||MIS|
The above schedules are subject to change.
BA - Basic Accounting
STAT - Statistics
BOOB - Business Organisations & Organisational Behaviour
MKT - Principles of Marketing
ECON - Economics
MIS - Management Information Systems
Applicants shall hold a first or second-class honours bachelor’s degree(*) awarded by a recognized university.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS;
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL;
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above;
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
(*) A bachelor’s degree with an average grade of “B” or above is considered as equivalent.
Notes to applicants:
- Applicants with relevant prior studies can apply for exemption from Business knowledge supporting modules. Please complete relevant part in the application form and furnish course outline.
- Admission decisions at each cohort are made on competitive basis. Applicants who meet the minimum entry requirements are not necessarily be admitted.
- Unsuccessful applicants will, normally, receive written notification within one month after the respective closing dates for applications or after the respective class commencement dates, whichever is later.
SINGLE MODULE ENROLMENT
You can enrol selected modules on "Single module basis" in order to fulfill the educational requirement of HKICPA and CPA Australia. Copy of HKID card and Assessment letter from HKICPA/ CPA Australisa should be provided for enrolment purpose.
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$7,150 per module (Core modules except Financial Reporting (For academic year 2019/20))
- HK$7,800 per module (Financial Reporting (For academic year 2019/20))
- HK$3,900 - 5,200 (Business Knowledge Supporting Modules (For academic year 2019/20))
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Financial Reporting (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06393-1||FEES $7,800||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Cost and Management Accounting (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06394-A||FEES $7,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Financial Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06395-8||FEES $7,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Business and Company Law (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06396-6||FEES $7,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Auditing and Professional Practice (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06397-4||FEES $7,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Taxation and Tax Planning (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06398-2||FEES $7,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Basic Accounting (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06399-0||FEES $5,200||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Statistics (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06400-8||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Economics (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06401-6||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Management Information Systems (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06402-4||FEES $4,250||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Business Organisation & Organisational Behaviour (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06404-0||FEES $4,250||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Principles of Marketing (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z06403-2||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit the following documents along with your applicaton and payment in person to any of enrolment counters:
- Completed and signed application form
- Copies of ID card, academic certificates and transcripts (Please bring along the originals to any HKU SPACE Learning Centres upon submission of application for certification purposes.)
- Copies of course syllabuses/outlines of equivalent modules in your prior studies for exemption purposes (Please specify the source of information or URL for verification.) <Not required for applicants who do not apply for exemption>
- A non-refundable applicaton fee of HK$200. Payment made by cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE".
*** For applicants apply the programme via ONLINE APPLICATION, please also upload the following documents for assessment.
- Copy of HKID card, academic certificates and transcripts (For non-local applicants, please attach the valid visa if any)
- Professional path you would like to attempt
- Application for exemption form for exemption from Business Knowledge Supporting/ Core modules (Applicants apply for exemptions, please attach the course syllabuses/outlines of equivalent modules in your prior studies.)
*(Google chrome is not supported the online application, please use other web browser for application.)
SINGLE MODULE ENROLMENT
You can enrol selected modules on "Single module basis" in order to fulfill the educational requirement of HKICPA and CPA Australia. Copy of HKID and Assessment letter from HKICPA/ CPA Australisa should be provided for enrolment purpose.
*** For applicants enrolling on "Single module basis" via ONLINE APPLICATION, please upload the following documents for enrolment purpose:
- Copy of HKID card (For non-local applicants, please attach the valid visa if any)
- Assessment letter from HKICPA/ CPA Australisa
- Fees paid are not refundable and transferable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances.
- For details of payment method, please click here.
- More Programmes of
- Relevant Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law Preparatory Course for MSc in Professional Accountancy ACCA Professional Examinations Preparatory Programme-Education with Revision-Strategic Business Leader ACCA Professional Examinations Preparatory Programme-Education with Revision-Strategic Business Reporting HKICPA Professional Examinations Preparatory Programme: Module A - Financial Reporting HKICPA Professional Examinations Preparatory Programme: Module B - Corporate Financing HKICPA Professional Examinations Preparatory Programme: Module C - Business Assurance HKICPA Professional Examinations Preparatory Programme: Module D - Taxation