Marketing Marketing Communications and Branding
This programme provides a firm foundation to equip you with knowledge and skills in developing brand strategies and managing brands in a multi-cultural market environment. It also prepares you for higher education at degree level and career advancement in brand management in a competitive market environment.
The programme aims to equip participants with the principles, theories and practices in marketing with specialisation in brand management. On completion of the programme, participants should have acquired a basic understanding of marketing and brand theories and be able to apply these to day-to-day operations at work. The programme also prepares students for further education as well as career advancement in the marketing and brand management areas.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Apply the theoretical concepts in marketing and brand management to develop marketing solutions for business,
- Utilise self-management skills, interpersonal communications and team management skills in the workplace,
- Integrate marketing communications in multimedia to engage customers as well as promote branding, products and services to the target market,
- Apply knowledge in consumer psychology and behavioural patterns to identify target markets to determine the positioning of products and services, and to promote brand experience of customers,
- Apply concepts and principles of brand management to build and manage brands over time and across market segments.
Assessment is based on a combination of coursework and examinations. The percentage breakdown of coursework and examinations differs from module to module.
Student who completed all 10 modules will be awarded "Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management" within HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Students may apply to exit the programme with a "Diploma in Marketing Studies" upon satisfactory completion of any 5 modules or above.
Holders of this Advanced Diploma with CGPA 2.0 or above will be eligible to apply for the following two top-up degree programmes jointly organized by HKU SPACE and The University of Hull. Details would be found in the related webpages.
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management
|Application Code||2135-MK002A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- Students normally enroll 2 modules in each term and may complete the programme in 20 months.
For those, who enroll less than 2 modules in each term, may complete the programme in 40 months.
Weekdays 7:00pm - 10:00pm (Occasionally on Saturday morning or afternoon)
- HKU SPACE Learning Centres
The programme consists of 10 modules and the details of each module are as below.
Principles of Marketing
The Principles of Marketing is an introductory course which helps the students to form a solid foundation of basic marketing concepts and understand how consumer behaviour, external and internal environments may affect marketing decisions. It equips students with concepts and applications of product-life cycle, promotion mix, product and pricing strategies, distribution channel management, etc. on the ground of customer value-driven marketing.
Digital and Social Media Marketing
Digital Marketing and Social Media become the predominant component in marketing strategies nowadays. In this new module, students will be able to build up a clear concept about customer-centric marketing and digital consumer journey which affects customer segmentation approaches and marketing strategies.
This module will form a solid foundation of digital knowledge with application skills and effectiveness analysis of various digital and social media marketing channels in order to fulfil the vocational needs in various marketing positions.
Multichannel Marketing Communications
The objective of this module is to equip students with knowledge and practices of new marketing communication techniques in this ever-changing world of new media. It enables students to embrace and integrate new media tools with existing communication mix to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing campaigns.
This module aims to train up students with a clear understanding of how and why customer behave in a shopping decision-making process with the foundation of consumer psychology and behavioural concepts. It also equips the students to identify the factors which may affect consumers’ purchasing behaviour and value perception so that students can be able to apply it in their marketing strategic planning in the competitive business environment.
Introduction to Branding
This module provides students with the basic concepts of branding in a competitive marketplace. It’s important for marketers to understand the process of building brand image and identity, brand value, and formulating brand strategy, brand auditing and brand equity management system. It equips students with knowledge and skills to build a successful brand.
Management Skills for Effective Manager
The success of a business organisation depends very much on the quality of the people working in the organisation. This module provides an opportunity for our students to discover the attributes of an effective manager, nurture their management quality and competencies required to progress to play the role of an effective manager.
Students will be equipped with multi management skills including self-awareness, stress and time management, problem solving and decision making, interpersonal skills such as managing conflicts, effective communication and presentation skills, and team skills which are the basic factors of a successful manager at marketplace.
Shopper Relations and Customer Services
It is crucial for companies to build long-lasting customer relationship which can be leveraged to expand their loyal customer base, extend their market share, and to uplift sales income.
This module is developed to equip our students with customer-centric services, customer relationship management (CRM), customer service communication skills, and service quality control, etc. in order to enrich the shopping experience of the customers and establish loyal customer base.
Marketing Research and Information
This module is designed to teach students the basic tools and procedure of market research, including but not limited to management problem identification, research design, questionnaire development, data collection, etc. The concepts will not only prepare students for their marketing career needs but also prepare them for further academic study.
Digital Advertising Communications and Campaign Planning
An effective digital advertising plan will help a marketing practitioner to stay organized, think strategically, and to optimize the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
This module is designed to equip students with a strategic planning approach, the elements of great design and persuasion that drive behaviour and build habits, the full funnel content marketing, ad effectiveness testing and optimisation, and strategic writing for digital advertising, etc.
Strategic Brand Management
Brand management is one of the most important aspects in marketing strategy. This module focus on the more strategic brand management issues including the impacts of digital marketing on branding, brand portfolio management, creation of brand association, evaluate brand extensions opportunities, managing multinational brands, revitalization of aging brands, etc. The Strategic Brand Management is not only suitable for marketers, but will also benefit business leaders, start-up business owners, or entrepreneur.
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 2 subjects; OR
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 1 subject, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; OR
- have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects, and Level 2 in English Language, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; OR
- have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language; OR
- hold a certificate in the marketing, business or related discipline; OR
- be aged at least 21 with 3 years of relevant work experience.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$4,000 per module (subject to change without prior notice)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Business Economics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07896-8||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Brand Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07902-6||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Consumer Behaviour (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07897-6||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Introduction to Branding (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07901-8||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Multichannel Marketing Communications (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07898-4||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Principles of Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07895-A||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Essentials of Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07919-6||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Digital Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z10804A||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Business Communication (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108074||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Business Law (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108120||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Services Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z126730||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Digital and Social Media Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z137147||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Digital Advertising Communications and Campaign Planning (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z137155||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Marketing Research and Information (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z138275||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Management Skills for Effective Manager (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z144062||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Shopper Relations and Customer Services (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z144100||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Strategic Brand Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z144143||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right-hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Marketing Communications and Branding Retail, Fashion and Luxury Brand Management
- Relevant Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries Certificate for Module (Effective Digital Media Planning and Programmatic Advertising) Certificate for Module (Retail Management and Operations) 行政人員證書《數碼品牌傳播》 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》 行政人員證書《社交媒體及數碼營銷分析》 Executive Certificate in Digital and Social Media Marketing Executive Certificate in Data-driven Creative Thinking for Marketers