Professional Practice Theme - Sustainable Development
Microcredentials are individualised learning programmes – the contents are skill-based and professional-oriented, and the study plans can be made based on the student's personal pace, time and interests. Microcredentials are suitable for anyone wishing for career advancement, upgrading skills, changing professions, or even pursuing interests. Below are the courses under the theme of "Sustainable Development". More themes and courses can be found HERE.
- Sort by
- Programme Title
- gain an in-depth understanding of the climate change challenges and evaluate the impact of the climate crisis on society, corporate performance and the economy.
- understand key climate mitigation and adaptation options;
- enhance personal effectiveness on making a difference on climate change in personal life and in the local community;
- gain an in-depth understanding on the policy options available for Hong Kong.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- evaluate the impact of the climate crisis on society, corporate’s performance and the economy;
- identify the key international agreements driving sustainability issues;
- evaluate the actions taken by the corporates and financial sectors on climate change;
- present the options on energy generation and energy efficiency;
- apply policy and technical options for climate action on buildings, transport, waste and production;
- explain the principles of carbon measurement, management and standards that are essential for effective corporate climate action.