Marketing & HospitalityRetail, Fashion and Luxury Brand Management
Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 01 Nov 2018 (Thu)
- Next intake(s)
- November 2018 and March 2019
- 20 months to max. 40 months
The rapid development in digitalization and multi-channel retailing has transformed the retail landscape. Total customer satisfaction has been redefined through personalized shopping experience via multi-channel retailing. Nowadays, customers may use more than one sales channels to shop. This part-time advanced diploma programme equips you with new retail management knowledge and skills for multichannel retailing through in-store, online, mobile retailing, etc.
The part-time advanced diploma programme in marketing series is designed to equip you with up-to-date marketing principles, theoretical knowledge and practices. It offers unique specialisation with particular focus on the marketing realms of retailing, digital marketing, brand management, and marketing management that prepare you for both higher education at degree level and career advancement in multichannel retailing business including in-store, online, mobile retailing, etc.
The Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management covers the whole retail management process which includes multichannel retailing, customer relationship, supplement chain management, merchandising and inventory control, information systems in retail operations, retailing staff management, store layout and merchandise presentation, and the integration of different functional areas. This programme will train you up with the knowledge and skills required for further career advancement in the competitive retailing business.
Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management
Seven Common modules
1. Principles of Marketing
2. Business Economics
3. Essentials of Accounting
4. Consumer Behaviour
5. Marketing Communications
6. Introduction to Management
7. Marketing Research and Information
Two Specialism modules
8. Retail Management and Operations
9. Strategic Retail Marketing
10. One Elective Module to be chosen from the below:
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Apply the theories and best practices learnt in the marketing and retail industry.
- Apply principles and basic knowledge of economics and accounting in marketing planning.
- Explain the consumer decision-making process and discuss how consumer decision-making processes are determined and influenced by internal and external factors.
- Explain the importance of management in an organization and describe the roles of managers in an organization.
- Apply the knowledge and skills required to plan, undertake and present results from marketing research.
- Implement knowledge and skills to managing retail operations and developing strategic retail plans.
Depending on which elective module students choose to take, they may achieve one of the below outcomes:
- Apply basic knowledge of effective communication skills in marketing.
- Apply knowledge and skills in digital marketing.
- Describe the legal system, contractual framework, and scope of companies ordinance.
Student who complete all 10 modules will be awarded within HKU system through HKU SPACE an "Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management".
Students who complete any five modules may choose to exit the programme will be awarded within HKU system through HKU SPACE a "Diploma in Marketing Studies" .
Holders of this Advanced Diploma will be eligible to apply for the following two top-up degree programmes jointly organized by HKU SPACE and The University of Hull. Details would be found in the related webpages.
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management
- Students normally enroll 2 modules in each term
The duration is 20 months
For students who enroll less than 2 modules in each term may complete the programme in 40 months.
Weekdays 7:00pm - 10:00pm (Occasionally on Saturday afternoon)
HKU SPACE Learning Centres
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 2 subjects; or
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 1 subject, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; or
- have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects, and Level 2 in English Language, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; or
- have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language; or
- hold a certificate in the marketing, business or related discipline; or
- be aged at least 21 with 3 years of relevant work experience.
HK$150 , non-refundableCourse Fee
- HK$3900 per module
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorBusiness Services
|Business Economics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07956-5||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Consumer Behaviour (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07957-3||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Marketing Communications (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07958-1||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Retail Management and Operations (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07891-7||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Principles of Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07955-7||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Strategic Retail Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07892-5||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Selling and Sales Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07889-5||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
CEF SectorFinancial Services
|Essentials of Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07959-5||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
All applicants are required to complete the application form and submit it with one sets of the following supporting documents together with application fee of HK$150 to any of the HKUSPACE enrolment centres:
1.Certified true copies* of full educational certificates and transcripts;
2. Original / Certified true copies* of testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s working experience;
3. Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card#;
1. Cash or EPS
Only application fee can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or Bank Draft
Application fee and Course fees can be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card number (if applicable).
Applicants may also pay the Application fee and Course fees by VISA or MasterCard, including "HKU SPACE MasterCard", at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Retail, Fashion and Luxury Brand Management Marketing Communications and Branding
- Relevant Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Public Relations Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing Executive Certificate in Social Media and Digital Marketing Analytics 行政人員證書《創意品牌及品牌管理》 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》