Marketing & HospitalityMarketing Communications and Branding
Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 02 Jul 2019 (Tue)
- Next intake(s)
- July 2019 and November 2019
- 20 months to max. 40 months
This programme provides a firm foundation to equip you with knowledge and skills in developing brand strategies and managing brands in a multi-cultural market environment. It also prepares you for higher education at degree level and career advancement in brand management in a competitive market environment.
Students will be equipped with academic knowledge and practice skills that prepare students for careers in product and marketing management, advertising, marketing communications, brand management, etc. In competitive marketing environment, it is important to be able to sharpen your marketing knowledge in brand building and management, customer loyalty, manage customer brand experience through effective marketing communication through both digital and social media marketing as well as advertising and promotions.
Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management
Seven Common modules
1. Principles of Marketing
2. Business Economics
3. Essentials of Accounting
4. Consumer Behaviour
5. Marketing Communications
6. Introduction to Management
7. Marketing Research and Information
Two Specialism modules
8. Introduction to Branding
9. Brand Management
10. One Elective Module to be chosen from the below:
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Apply the theories and best practices learnt in the marketing and brand management area.
- Apply principles and basic knowledge of economics and accounting in marketing planning.
- Explain the consumer decision-making process and discuss how consumer decision-making processes are determined and influenced by internal and external factors.
- Explain the importance of management in an organization and describe the roles of managers in an organization.
- Apply the knowledge and skills required to plan, undertake and present results from marketing research.
- Apply concepts and principles of marketing and branding to build and manage brands over time and across market segments.
Depending on which elective module students choose to take, they may achieve one of the below outcomes:
- Apply basic knowledge of effective communication skills in marketing.
- Apply knowledge and skills in digital marketing.
- Describe the legal system, contractual framework, and scope of companies ordinance.
Student who complete all 10 modules will be awarded within HKU system through HKU SPACE an "Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management".
Students who complete any five modules may choose to exit the programme will be awarded within HKU system through HKU SPACE a "Diploma in Marketing Studies" .
Holders of this Advanced Diploma will be eligible to apply for the following two top-up degree programmes jointly organized by HKU SPACE and The University of Hull. Details would be found in the related webpages.
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management
Students normally enroll 2 modules in each term
The duration is 20 months
For students who enroll less than 2 modules in each term may complete the programme in 40 months.
Weekdays 7:00pm - 10:00pm (Occasionally on Saturday afternoon)
HKU SPACE Learning Centres
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 2 subjects; or
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 1 subject, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; or
- have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects, and Level 2 in English Language, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; or
- have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language; or
- hold a certificate in the marketing, business or related discipline; or
- be aged at least 21 with 3 years of relevant work experience.
HK$150 , non-refundableCourse Fee
- HK$3950 per module
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorBusiness Services
|Business Economics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07896-8||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Brand Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07902-6||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Consumer Behaviour (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07897-6||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Introduction to Branding (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07901-8||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Marketing Communications (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07898-4||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Principles of Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07895-A||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Selling and Sales Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07899-2||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
CEF SectorFinancial Services
|Essentials of Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07919-6||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
All applicants are required to complete the application form and submit it with one sets of the following supporting documents together with application fee of HK$150 to any of theHKUSPACE enrolment centres:
1.Certified true copies* of full educational certificates and transcripts;
2. Original / Certified true copies* of testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s working experience;
3. Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card#;
1. Cash or EPS
Only application fee can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or Bank Draft
Application fee and Course fees can be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card number (if applicable).
Applicants may also pay the Application fee and Course fees by VISA or MasterCard, including "HKU SPACE MasterCard", at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Marketing Communications and Branding Retail, Fashion and Luxury Brand Management
- Relevant Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Public Relations Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing Executive Certificate in Social Media and Digital Marketing Analytics 行政人員證書《創意品牌及品牌管理》 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》