Certificate in Spanish (Introductory)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- March 2021
- 40 weeks
- Spanish supplemented with a little English where necessary for explanation.
The programme is aimed at students with no previous or little knowledge of the language. It covers a range of everyday topics and situations and includes a balance of all four skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing), as well as practice on key grammar points, vocabulary and pronunciation relevant to the level. By the end of the programme, students should be able to understand and use basic everyday phrases to introduce themselves, ask and answer questions about personal details. They will also learn language to deal with everyday situations like shopping, eating out, talking about their jobs, families and interests.
It is equivalent to A1 level in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Notes on Class Arrangements under the COVID-19 Outbreak
Given the COVID-19 situation might still be fluid, please note that the School may substitute face-to-face classes with online teaching if necessary. Our respective Programme Teams will contact students concerned with details of such arrangement before the class starts or during the classes as necessary.
This is also available in two 60-hour courses (Part 1 and Part 2). Parts 1 & 2 must be successfully completed for CEF reimbursement.
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Unless any change is made to the advertised details, we will not issue joining instructions. If your application has been accepted, you should go to the first session of the class at the time and place shown. All the necessary teaching materials will be sent to you at the first session.
- No refunds or transfers to a different class will be approved.
- Swapping between parallel groups (if any) is not allowed under any circumstances.
- No make-up classes will be offered for students’ absence.
- 40 meeting(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
Applicants shall have:
(a) no previous or little knowledge of the language,
(b) sufficient English proficiency to follow simple explanations in English.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate in Spanish (Introductory)|
|COURSE CODE 24Z06967-3||FEES $8,650||ENQUIRY 2975-5681|
Continuing Education Fund
The award-bearing Spanish courses are registered with the Office of the Continuing Education Fund as the CEF reimbursable courses.
The external test the student can take after the course for reimbursement of the course fee is the : DELE (Diploma Español Lengua Extranjera or Diplomas of Spanish as Foreign Language).
Full details about the CEF and the reimbursement procedures can be found on: www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef/.
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate in Spanish (Introductory)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please click here for enrolment.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.