Accounting & Finance FinTech and Financial Intelligence
Executive Certificate in Applied AI and Predictive Analytics for Business
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 16 Oct 2021 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- Jan 2022
- 1 month to 2 months
- Course Fee
- HK$8600 per programme
If your company owns a customer master table with sales data and you are...
Predictive Analytics is a branch of Business Analytics. Our professional lecturer will share the contemporary development of AI such as clustering, chatbot and pattern recognition and business applications of AI as well as methodologies of Predictive Analytics. Welcome for your online application!
This programme provides students with the practical knowledge of Artificial Intelligence (AI) as well as discuss the application of Predictive Analytics for Business. Moreover, the programme covers the handling of data for data analysis, data visualization, development of AI and forecasting techniques from the business perspectives. Apart from applying the knowledge to solve problems in their workplace, students may consider further their studies in Big Data, Data Analytics, Data Science, AI, FinTech and Quantitative Analysis in future.
AI機器人大舉搶飯碗 《NOWnews 新聞》
Students under this programme are eligible to apply free membership for Hong Kong Internet and Ecommerce Association (HKIEA).
The association offers talks, workshops and/or seminars related to the Internet and Ecommerce as well as Big Data.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- describe the data preparation and applications of Big Data for data analysis;
- use statistical methods to analyze and visualize business and financial data;
- identify the concepts and framework of AI;
- apply regression, forecasting and simulation for facilitating prediction and decision making; and
- examine applications of AI and predictive analytics to solve business and financial problems.
(1) Mr. Ken Liu, co-founder and CTO of Datatact Ltd, a startup focus on AI, Machine Learning and Big Data analytics. He is a hands on expert in his specialized area for over 10 years. Prior to Datatact, Ken worked at Citi, HSBC, Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse as Algo-Trading developer. Ken earned a Master in Computer Science from USC and a Bachelor in Computer Science from University of Warwick.
(2) Mr. Cyrus Tsui, have 10+ years of banking experience in both Hong Kong and London, specialize in valuation, PnL and Risk. Fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese. In-depth understanding of complex financial products with programming ability, strong communication skill and solid experience in stakeholder management.
(3) Mr. Alan Cheung, PRM, CQF, has solid experience in fintech in top tier investment banks, versed in architecting low latency, high frequency algorithmic trading systems. He is currently a Quantitative Strategist on the Equities Desk in Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Alan has a Masters in Mathematical & Computational Finance from the University of Oxford after graduating with First Class Honours in Mathematics with Statistics for Finance from Imperial College London.
(4) Mr. Jong Hang, currently working at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch in Hong Kong responsible for the Client Management analytics. Prior to that, he has worked in Singapore for 6 years using Big Data and Data Science to help business and government organizations to mine insights from data. He has completed various Data Science projects in Europe, United States and Asia. Jong Hang was also a Cloudera Authorized Trainer from 2012 to 2015. He has taught Cloudera Big Data courses such as Hadoop Administration, Hadoop Developer, Hive, Pig. Jong Hang is also an active learner on Coursera and edX MOOC who has completed more than 50 courses in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics and Statistics, Engineering.
(5) Dr. Garry Luk, a Chartered IT Professional (CITP) of British Computer Society. His major research interest in Business system analysis and design, Big data implementation and application, Information management technology. He has been working on the higher education sector for more than 18 years for teaching and research support.
Moreover, Dr. Luk also as a part-time lecturer since 2004 for Vocational training council, School of Continuing Education Hong Kong Baptist University and Hong Kong University of Professional and Continuing Education on E-commerce, Business information system, System Analysis & Design. Dr. Luk will share and inspired Executives at various levels from his rich research and working experiences.
(6) Ms. Rowena Lai, a practitioner in Business and Data Analytics. With a Bachelor of Science (Major in Mathematics and Minor in Economics) from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, two Master of Science degrees in both International Shipping and Transport Logistics as well as Global Supply Chain Management from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, she has worked with different industries on business analytics area. Ms Lai is currently working in a leading banking and leading various data analytics projects. She has also worked in an airline industry leader, and shipping industry on Revenue Management and Business Analytics. Thanks to her strong business and analytical sense together with her extended working exposure, she would like to share her academic knowledge and practical experience in Data Science and Analytics.
(7) Mr. Dexter Ng, FRM, a young professional specialising in economic research, data science and analytics. Mr. Ng has earned both of his degrees, namely Bachelor of Science in Statistics, and Master of Economics with distinction, in The University of Hong Kong (HKU). Coupled with several years of multinational bank experience in data analytics and predictive modelling, and some years in the Census and Statistics Department of the Government of Hong Kong SAR as a Research Manager, Mr. Ng is now one of the key product owners and the Data Management and Analytics Manager of OSL, the first and the only SFC-licensed digital asset platform. Further to his extensive and a wide range of data exposures in numerous industries, Mr. Ng has not stopped learning and equipping himself with financial, risk, actuarial and data science certifications and qualifications, keeping abreast of the latest market trends and technology available.
|Application Code||1950-EP137A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Saturday, 1:00pm - 7:00pm
- Hong Kong Island Campus
- Kowloon East Campus
(1) Data preparation and Data Analysis
- Data preprocessing, data cleaning and data transformation
- Processing techniques over Cloud for business and financial data
- Applications of data analysis for business and financial data
(2) Statistical Analysis and Data Visualization
- Introduction to Statistical Analysis
- Data Visualization for business and financial decision making
(3) Applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Predictive Analytics
- Development of AI
- Introduction to machine learning, deep learning and reinforcement learning
- Chatbot and Natural Language Processing for business and finance
- Introduction to Data Mining
- Clustering and Pattern Recognition
- Trendlines and Regression Analysis for forecasting
- Business applications of AI and Predictive Analytics
Assessment method: In-class exercise + group presentation
The Executive Certificate will be conferred to candidates who have attained PASS grade and achieved at least 70% attendance of the programme.
2021 October intake
|1||16 Oct 21 (Sat)||13:00 - 19:00|
|2||23 Oct 21 (Sat)||13:00 - 19:00|
|3||30 Oct 21 (Sat)||13:00 - 19:00|
|4||6 Nov 21 (Sat)||13:00 - 19:00|
|5||13 Nov 21 (Sat)||13:00 - 19:00|
Remarks: Tentative timetable is subject to change and course commencement is subject to sufficient enrollment numbers.
Applicants shall hold:
a) a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized University or equivalent; or
b) an Associate Degree/ a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of relevant working experience.
Applicants with other qualification and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
**Please upload copy of HKID and proof of degree while applying online.
HK$150 (Student only needs to pay one time application fee for all EC in Big Data Series)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$8600 per programme (Course fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- Relevant Programmes
- Executive Certificate in Applied Business Analytics and Decision Optimization Executive Certificate in Interpretation and Visualization of Business Big Data Executive Certificate in Financial Decision Making: Big Data and Machine Learning Executive Certificate in Big Data, A.I. and Investing Executive Certificate in Big Data and Business Analytics Executive Certificate in Big Data and Predictive Analytics Postgraduate Diploma in Finance and Data Analytics