Accounting & FinanceInvestment Management
Executive Certificate in Big Data, A.I. and Investing
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 17 Aug 2019 (Sat)
- 1 month to 2 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$7000 per programme
Prof. Stephen Ng is a seasoned senior executives for...
Learn Big Data, A.I from the expert who has been doing this task for the past 12 years!
Mr. Ken Liu will introduce you to his own developed and public software, big data & AI concepts and hands on computer lab. Coding/Logic Concept is required.
The Executive Certificate in Big Data, A.I. and Investing aims to provide students with knowledge in Big Data and Artificial Intelligence technologies and their applications in investment management. Students are expected to be familiar with different big data analyses and A.I. processes upon completion of the programme.
The programme provides an insight on how the current development in these two areas assist and influence investment decision and behaviour.
"Think BIG DATA, Think HKU SPACE"
KPMG＋阿里報告：《從工具革命到決策革命—通向智能製造的轉型之路》 重新定義製造業 by IT PRO magazine
AI機器人大舉搶飯碗 《NOWnews 新聞》
AI崛起 數據分析師最吃香 《晴報》
Data science jobs in investment banks are the new hot thing.... by efinancialcareers
Artificial Intelligence Effect in Finance by entrepreneur.com
The Role of Big Data in Investing by Goldman Sachs
Who would benefit from EC in Big Data, AI & Investing:
- one who is interested in Big Data and Artificial Intelligence
- one who has solid investment and quantitative background
- one who wants to learn how Big Data and A.I. influence investment decision
- one who wants to apply Big Data available to their investment theories
- one who is interested to explore the meaning of machine trading
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
1. evaluate different methodologies on Big Data analytics and AI technologies affecting investment decisions;
2. identify the limits and potentials of data mining and predictive analytics on investing;
3. make use of off-the-shelf online Big Data software for investing reference;
4. apply and analyze using big data concepts and forecast their results through case studies.
Tutor: Mr. Ken Liu, co-founder and CTO of Datatact Ltd, a startup focus on AI, Machine Learning and Big Data analytics. He is a hands on expert in his specialized area for over 10 years. Prior to Datatact, Ken worked at Citi, HSBC, Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse as Algo-Trading developer. Ken earned a Master in Computer Science from USC and a Bachelor in Computer Science from University of Warwick.
|Application Code||1740-EP103A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- United Learning Centre
- HK Island
- Kowloon Campus
1. Introduction to Data Processing and Analyzing on Investing (Application: DATATACT Web)
- Survey the current industry practices and trends
- Case studies on the impact of Big Data and AI
- Big data processing techniques (such as collection, indexing and storage)
2. Sentiment Analysis (Applications: Stanford API + DATATACT Web)
- News and social media sentiment analysis
- Sentiment and price performance correlation
- Performing sentiment analysis and filtering
3. Automated Trading (Applications: Market data and AIgo app)
- Understanding Algorithmic, Program and High Frequency trading
- Real-time analytics and data-streaming processing
- Examples of online real-time data for analysis
4. Predictive Analytics and Visualisation of results
- The basics of AI and Machine Learnings
- Applying machine learning to predict stock order flow
- Interpretation of data thru visualization
5. Challenges of Deep & Reinforcement Learning (ie. Alpha Go) techniques in investing
- Introducing Alpha-Go and its underlying technologies
- Limitation on the prediction techniques
- Managing the trading costs
Assessment method: Continuous assessment (In-class assignments) + Final Assessment (Group presentation & report)
The Executive Certificate will be conferred to candidates who have attained PASS grade and achieved at least 70% attendance of the programme.
August 2019 intake
|Lecture 1||17 Aug 2019 (Sat)||13:00-19:00|
|Lecture 2||24 Aug 2019 (Sat)||13:00-19:00|
|Lecture 3||31 Aug 2019 (Sat)||13:00-19:00|
|Lecture 4||7 Sep 2019 (Sat)||13:00-19:00|
|Lecture 5||21 Sep 2019 (Sat)||13:00-19:00|
Remarks: Tentative timetable is subject to change and course commencement is subject to sufficient enrollment numbers.
Applicants shall hold:
a) a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized University or equivalent; or
b) an Associate Degree/ a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of relevant working experience.
Applicants with other qualification and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
**Please upload copy of HKID and proof of degree while applying online.
HK$150 student only needs to pay one time application fee for all EC in Big Data SeriesCourse Fee
- Course Fee : HK$7000 per programme (course fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.