The rapid development in digitalization and multi-channel retailing has transformed the retail landscape. Total customer satisfaction has been redefined through personalized shopping experience via multi-channel retailing. Nowadays, customers may use more than one sales channels to shop. This part-time advanced diploma programme equips you with new retail management knowledge and skills for multichannel retailing through in-store, online, mobile retailing, etc.
The programme aims to equip participants with the principles, theories and practices in marketing with specialisation in online and offline retail management. On completion of the programme, participants should have acquired a basic understanding of retailing and e-commerce theories and be able to apply these to day-to-day operations at work. The programme also prepares students for further education as well as career advancement in the marketing and management of onmi-channel retailing business and operation.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Apply the theoretical concepts in marketing and retail management to develop marketing solutions for online and offline retailing business,
- Utilise self-management skills, interpersonal and team management skills in the workplace,
- Integrate the tools of multichannel marketing communications, including digital channels, social media, advertising and public relations to promote products and services to the target market of the omnichannel retailing business,
- Apply knowledge in consumer behavioural patterns to identify target markets, determine the positioning of products and services, and to identify consumers’ expectations in online shopping experience and in-store experience,
- Implement the fundamental principles and practices of online and offline retailing operations and marketing strategies in omnichannel retailing business environments.
Assessment is based on a combination of coursework and examinations. The percentage breakdown of coursework and examinations differs from module to module.
Student who complete all 10 modules will be awarded "Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management" within HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Students may apply to exit the programme with a "Diploma in Marketing Studies" upon satisfactory completion of any 5 modules or above.
Holders of this Advanced Diploma with CGPA 2.0 or above will be eligible to apply for the following two top-up degree programmes jointly organized by HKU SPACE and The University of Hull. Details would be found in the related webpages.
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing
|Application Code||2135-MK030A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- Students normally enroll 2 modules in each term and may complete the programme in 20 months.
For those, who enroll less than 2 modules in each term, may complete the programme in 40 months.
Weekdays 7:00pm - 10:00pm (Occasionally on Saturday morning or afternoon)
HKU SPACE Learning Centres
The programme consists of 10 modules and the details of each module are as below.
This module focus on the knowledge of the special characteristics of services and the unique challenges inherent in the marketing of services and the strategies to address these challenges. It will enable students to develop knowledge and skills in designing and managing service process to enhance customer experiences and engagement, and to create customer value and customer satisfaction.
Digital and Social Media Marketing
Digital Marketing and Social Media become the predominant component in marketing strategies nowadays. In this new module, students will be able to build up a clear concept about customer-centric marketing and digital consumer journey which affects customer segmentation approaches and marketing strategies.
This module will form a solid foundation of digital knowledge with application skills and effectiveness analysis of various digital and social media marketing channels in order to fulfil the vocational needs in various marketing positions.
Multichannel Marketing Communications
The objective of this module is to equip students with knowledge and practices of new marketing communication techniques in this ever-changing world of new media. It enables students to embrace and integrate new media tools with existing communication mix to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing campaigns.
This module aims to train up students with a clear understanding of how and why customer behave in a shopping decision-making process with the foundation of consumer psychology and behavioural concepts. It also equips the students to identify the factors which may affect consumers’ purchasing behaviour and value perception so that students can be able to apply it in their marketing strategic planning in the competitive business environment.
Public Relations and Event Planning
Public relations (PR) play a critical role in the success of products and services. It is vital in achieving positive publicity for a company through strategic PR events and activities.
This module will equip students with PR techniques to manage reputation of a company, to reach out to the general public, community members, and customers through different PR activities and events.
Management Skills for Effective Manager
The success of a business organisation depends very much on the quality of the people working in the organisation. This module provides an opportunity for our students to discover the attributes of an effective manager, nurture their management quality and competencies required to progress to play the role of an effective manager.
Students will be equipped with multi management skills including self-awareness, stress and time management, problem solving and decision making, interpersonal skills such as managing conflicts, effective communication and presentation skills, and team skills which are the basic factors of a successful manager at marketplace.
Shopper Relations and Customer Services
It is crucial for companies to build long-lasting customer relationship which can be leveraged to expand their loyal customer base, extend their market share, and to uplift sales income.
This module is developed to equip our students with customer-centric services, customer relationship management (CRM), customer service communication skills, and service quality control, etc. in order to enrich the shopping experience of the customers and establish loyal customer base.
Online shopping significantly surged during the pandemic. It’s important for online retailers to set up effective e-commerce operation which can be able to directly improve its consumer satisfaction and profitability.
This module is designed to train up students to have a solid foundation of a successful e-Commerce operations, logistic and fulfilment, inventory management, business strategies in competitive environment, operation for B2B, B2C and C2C eCommerce.
Strategic Marketing for Omnichannel Retailing
There is a big shift from single-channel to multi-channel and to omnichannel retailing. Omnichannel retail optimizes multiple sales channels with a high level of integration and cooperation among the channels in order to provide a seamless shopping experience for shoppers.
Students will learn the shopping behaviour in online vs physical shops, the latest trends and challenges in omnichannel retailing including live streaming eCommerce through KOL, cloud-based integrated data platforms to personalize customer experience, social commerce, etc.
Besides, students will also be equipped with the knowledge in marketing strategies for omnichannel retailing to attract shoppers and to effectively leverage online to offline retailing in order to boost up the overall sales revenue of the company.
Retail Management and Operations
This module gives the students basic concept of retail operations and retail business management which include store location selection, store design and layout, merchandising display, manpower arrangement and training, and new retail technology, etc.
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 2 subjects; OR
- have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 1 subject, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; OR
- have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects, and Level 2 in English Language, and have 2 years of relevant work experience; OR
- have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language; OR
- hold a certificate in the marketing, business or related discipline; OR
- be aged at least 21 with 3 years of relevant work experience.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$4,000 per module (subject to change without prior notice)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Business Economics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07956-5||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Consumer Behaviour (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07957-3||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Multichannel Marketing Communications (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07958-1||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Retail Management and Operations (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07891-7||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Principles of Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07955-7||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Strategic Retail Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07892-5||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Essentials of Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07959-5||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Digital Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108066||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Business Communication (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108090||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Business Law (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108147||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Services Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z126749||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Digital and Social Media Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z137163||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Public Relations and Event Planning (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z137171||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|E-commerce Operations (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z13718A||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Strategic Marketing for Omnichannel Retailing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z137198||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Management Skills for Effective Manager (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z144070||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Shopper Relations and Customer Services (Module from Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z144119||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8316|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right-hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Retail, Fashion and Luxury Brand Management Marketing Communications and Branding
- Relevant Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries Certificate for Module (Effective Digital Media Planning and Programmatic Advertising) Certificate for Module (Retail Management and Operations) 行政人員證書《數碼品牌傳播》 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》 行政人員證書《社交媒體及數碼營銷分析》 Executive Certificate in Digital and Social Media Marketing Executive Certificate in Data-driven Creative Thinking for Marketers