SPACE General English Entrance Examination
- Course Code
- Application Code
1875-1786NW... more Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 05 Feb 2021 (Fri)
- 1 day
SPACE General English Entrance Examination - Your Passport to SPACE General English Programme. All courses under the SPACE General English Programme have their own entry requirements. Applicants who do not meet the stated entry requirements have to take the SPACE General English Entrance Examination to determine the most appropriate tier they should enter.
HKU SPACE General English Programme
The SPACE General English Programme consists of multi-tier general English courses covering all four language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. There are 7 tiers with each of the tiers becoming progressively more difficult:
Certificate in General English (Foundation)
Certificate in General English (Introductory)
Certificate in English Language Skills (Introductory)
Certificate in General English (Intermediate)
Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate)
Certificate in General English (Upper Intermediate)
Certificate in General English (Advanced)
Diploma in General English
Get admitted to the SPACE General English Programme by:
(1) taking the SPACE General English Entrance Examination (a 90-minute test which determines the most appropriate tier and the best course to take); OR
(2) gaining direct entry by meeting the entry requirements (click the above links for details) and identify the right course to apply for.
For applicants with very basic English language proficiency, studying the Essential English course will be extremely helpful before enrolling in the SPACE General English programme.
For those applicants who want to acquire Business English training, the Business English Entry Test assesses your language ability and places you in the level/course that best suits you. Follow this link for Business English Entry Test schedules for admission to our Spring 2021 courses:
- Advanced Diploma in Business English
- Diploma in Business English
- Certificate in Business English
- Certificate in Business English (Foundation)
For more comprehensive information about SPACE English services, please visit: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/interest/languages/english
Find out the English course that best suits you by taking the SPACE General English Entrance Examination.
The SPACE General English Entrance Examination is a 90-minute written test. Applicants should be prepared to stay for approximately two hours.
Entrance Examination sessions for Admission to Spring 2021 General English Programme.
*Sat, 20 Feb 2021, 10:30 am
Room (TBA), Admiralty Learning Centre
|1870-1627NW||Fri, 5 Feb 2021, 7:00 pm||Hong Kong side (To be confirmed)|
|1875-1785NW||Fri, 5 Mar 2021, 7:00 pm||Hong Kong side (To be confirmed)|
|Fri, 26 Mar 2021, 7:00 pm||Hong Kong side (To be confirmed)|
* Applicants taking the Entrance Exam on 20 February 2021 (Sat) should note:
Please pay the General English Entrance Exam Fee (HK$210) in cheque ( payable to “HKU SPACE” ) at least 15 minutes before the test which starts at 10:30 am on Saturday (20 February 2021). The Test Fee (HK$210) will be refunded to those who enrol into a General English course on the same day ie 20 February 2021.
Reserve seats by online registration.
Should you have problems in meeting the above schedules, phone our course staff for arrangements: 2975 5741 / 2975 5689 / 2975 5695.
Based on the Entrance Examination results, candidates will be offered a place at an appropriate tier in the SPACE General English Programme.
Candidates with performance below the Certificate in General English (Foundation) may be advised to take the Essential English course before continuing with the seven-tier General English or other language skills development courses at HKU SPACE.
|Application Code||1870-1627NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||05 Feb 2021 (Fri)|
|Apply Online Now|
|Application Code||1875-1785NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||05 Mar 2021 (Fri)|
|Apply Online Now|
|Application Code||1875-1786NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||26 Mar 2021 (Fri)|
|Apply Online Now|
- Entrance Test Fee : HK$210 (Non-refundable)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
By Post / In Person
Applicants are required to complete the SPACE General English Entrance Examination Application Form. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate course fee and supporting documents, to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
Once you have made the payment, go straight to the SPACE General English Entrance Examination session you have requested. For identification purposes, make sure that you take your receipt / confirmation letter with you.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Coourse fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate in General English (Foundation) Certificate in General English (Introductory) Certificate in English Language Skills (Introductory) Certificate in General English (Intermediate) Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) Certificate in General English (Upper Intermediate) Certificate in General English (Advanced) Diploma in General English Advanced Diploma in General English