SPACE General English Entrance Examination
- Course Code
- Application Code
1750-2561NW... more Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 23 Aug 2019 (Fri)
- 1 day
Speaker: Mr Gerard Crawford, HKU SPACE English LanguageTeacher...
The following non-local / non-permanent Hong Kong residents are eligible to study part-time English Language courses at HKU SPACE without making visa arrangements:
(1) those who study in Hong Kong and hold a student visa under HKU SPACE;
(2) those who live in Hong Kong on a one-way permit (單程證);
(3) those admitted to Hong Kong as dependents;
(4) those issued with a valid working/employment visa;
(5) those who stay in Hong Kong under the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme; and
(6) those issued with an Immigration Arrangement for Non-local Graduates (IANG)
It is the responsibility of individual applicants to ensure that their permits/visas are valid and make appropriate visa arrangements before making payments.
Upon course application, non-local applicants are required to show original copies of their permits and/or visas.
SPACE General English Entrance Examination - Your Passport to SPACE General English Programme. All courses under the SPACE General English Programme have their own entry requirements. Applicants who do not meet the stated entry requirements have to take the SPACE General English Entrance Examination to determine the most appropriate tier they should enter.
HKU SPACE General English Programme
The SPACE General English Programme consists of multi-tier general English courses covering all four language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. There are 7 tiers with each of the tiers becoming progressively more difficult:
Certificate in General English (Foundation) (Intake:October 2019)
Certificate in General English (Introductory) (Intake: October 2019) or
Certificate in English Language Skills (Introductory) (Intake: November 2019)
Certificate in General English (Intermediate) (Intake:October 2019) or
Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) (Intake: November 2019)
Certificate in General English (Upper Intermediate) (Intake: October 2019)
Certificate in General English (Advanced) (Intake: October 2019)
Diploma in General English (Intake: October 2019)
Advanced Diploma in General English (Intake: October 2019)
Get admitted to the SPACE General English Programme by:
(1) taking the SPACE General English Entrance Examination (a 90-minute test which determines the most appropriate tier and the best course to take); OR
(2) gaining direct entry by meeting the entry requirements (click the above links for details) and identify the right course to apply for.
For applicants with very basic English language proficiency, studying the Essential English course will be extremely helpful before enrolling in the SPACE General English programme.
For those applicants who want to acquire Business English training, the Business English Entry Test assesses your language ability and places you in the level/course that best suits you. Follow this link for Business English Entry Test schedules for admission to our Autumn 2019 courses:
- Advanced Diploma in Business English
- Diploma in Business English
- Certificate in Business English
- Foundation Certificate in Business English
For more comprehensive information about SPACE English services, please visit: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/interest/languages/english
Find out the English course that best suits you by taking the SPACE General English Entrance Examination.
The SPACE General English Entrance Examination is a 90-minute written test. Applicants should be prepared to stay for approximately two hours.
Entrance Examination sessions for Admission to Autumn 2019 General English Programme.
*Sat, 28 Sep 2019, 1:30 pm
Hong Kong side (To be confirmed)
Sat, 5 Oct 2019, 2:00 pm
Hong Kong side (To be confirmed)
|1740-1531NW||Fri, 23 Aug 2019, 7:00 pm||Hong Kong side (To be confirmed)|
Fri, 6 Sep 2019, 7:00 pm
Hong Kong side (To be confirmed)
Fri, 18 Oct 2019 , 7:00 pm
|Hong Kong side (To be confirmed)|
|1750-2563NW||Thu, 31 Oct 2019 , 7:00 pm||Hong Kong side (To be confirmed)|
* Applicants taking the Entrance Exam on 28 September 2019 (Sat) should note:
Please pay the General English Entrance Exam Fee (HK$210) in cheque ( payable to “HKU SPACE” ) at the Admiralty Enrolment Counter 10 minutes before the test which starts at 1:30pm on Saturday (28 September 2019 ). The Test Fee (HK$210) will be refunded to those who enrol into a General English course on the same day ie 28 September 2019.
Reserve seats by online registration: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/cht/online-registration/hku-space-general-english-day-2019-02-16#event-id-109628
Should you have problems in meeting the above schedules, phone our course staff for arrangements: 2975 5741.
Based on the Entrance Examination results, candidates will be offered a place at an appropriate tier in the SPACE General English Programme.
Candidates with performance below the Certificate in General English (Foundation) may be advised to take the Essential English course before continuing with the seven-tier General English or other language skills development courses at HKU SPACE.
- Entrance Test Fee : HK$210 (Non-refundable)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
By Post / In Person
Applicants are required to complete the SPACE General English Entrance Examination Application Form. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate course fee and supporting documents, to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
Once you have made the payment, go straight to the SPACE General English Entrance Examination session you have requested. For identification purposes, make sure that you take your receipt / confirmation letter with you.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course fees in the form of a cheque, and supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
Notes to applicants
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
- The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service; or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
- More Programmes of
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate in General English (Foundation) Certificate in General English (Introductory) Certificate in English Language Skills (Introductory) Certificate in General English (Intermediate) Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) Certificate in General English (Upper Intermediate) Certificate in General English (Advanced) Diploma in General English Advanced Diploma in General English