SPACE General English Entrance Examination
- Course Code
- Application Code
1775-1698NW... more Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 07 Feb 2020 (Fri)
- 1 day
Get Your Results & Understand the SPACE - CEFR General English...
The following non-local / non-permanent Hong Kong residents are eligible to study part-time English Language courses at HKU SPACE without making visa arrangements:
(1) those who study in Hong Kong and hold a student visa under HKU SPACE;
(2) those who live in Hong Kong on a one-way permit (單程證);
(3) those admitted to Hong Kong as dependents;
(4) those issued with a valid working/employment visa;
(5) those who stay in Hong Kong under the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme; and
(6) those issued with an Immigration Arrangement for Non-local Graduates (IANG)
It is the responsibility of individual applicants to ensure that their permits/visas are valid and make appropriate visa arrangements before making payments.
Upon course application, non-local applicants are required to show original copies of their permits and/or visas.
SPACE General English Entrance Examination - Your Passport to SPACE General English Programme. All courses under the SPACE General English Programme have their own entry requirements. Applicants who do not meet the stated entry requirements have to take the SPACE General English Entrance Examination to determine the most appropriate tier they should enter.
HKU SPACE General English Programme
The SPACE General English Programme consists of multi-tier general English courses covering all four language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. There are 7 tiers with each of the tiers becoming progressively more difficult:
Certificate in General English (Foundation) (Intake: March 2020)
Certificate in General English (Introductory) (Intake: March 2020) or
Certificate in English Language Skills (Introductory) (Intake: April 2020)
Certificate in General English (Intermediate) (Intake: March 2020) or
Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) (Intake: April 2020)
Certificate in General English (Upper Intermediate) (Intake: March 2020)
Certificate in General English (Advanced) (Intake: March 2020)
Diploma in General English (Intake: March 2020)
Advanced Diploma in General English (Intake: January 2020)
Get admitted to the SPACE General English Programme by:
(1) taking the SPACE General English Entrance Examination (a 90-minute test which determines the most appropriate tier and the best course to take); OR
(2) gaining direct entry by meeting the entry requirements (click the above links for details) and identify the right course to apply for.
For applicants with very basic English language proficiency, studying the Essential English course will be extremely helpful before enrolling in the SPACE General English programme.
For those applicants who want to acquire Business English training, the Business English Entry Test assesses your language ability and places you in the level/course that best suits you. Follow this link for Business English Entry Test schedules for admission to our Spring 2020 courses:
- Advanced Diploma in Business English
- Diploma in Business English
- Certificate in Business English
- Certificate in Business English (Foundation)
For more comprehensive information about SPACE English services, please visit: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/interest/languages/english
Find out the English course that best suits you by taking the SPACE General English Entrance Examination.
The SPACE General English Entrance Examination is a 90-minute written test. Applicants should be prepared to stay for approximately two hours.
Entrance Examination sessions for Admission to Spring 2020 General English Programme.
*Sat, 22 Feb 2020, 10:30 am
Hong Kong side (To be confirmed)
Sat, 7 Mar 2020, 11:30 am
Hong Kong side (To be confirmed)
|1775-1698NW||Sat, 28 Mar 2020, 2:00 pm||Hong Kong side (To be confirmed)|
|1770-1574NW||Fri, 7 Feb 2020, 7:00 pm||Room 1406, Fortress Tower Learning Centre, Fortress Hill|
* Applicants taking the Entrance Exam on 22 February 2020 (Sat) should note:
Please pay the General English Entrance Exam Fee (HK$210) in cheque ( payable to “HKU SPACE” ) at least 15 minutes before the test which starts at 10:30am on Saturday (22 February 2020 ). The Test Fee (HK$210) will be refunded to those who enrol into a General English course on the same day ie 22 February 2020.
Reserve seats by online registration.
Should you have problems in meeting the above schedules, phone our course staff for arrangements: 2975 5741 / 2975 5689 / 2975 5695.
Based on the Entrance Examination results, candidates will be offered a place at an appropriate tier in the SPACE General English Programme.
Candidates with performance below the Certificate in General English (Foundation) may be advised to take the Essential English course before continuing with the seven-tier General English or other language skills development courses at HKU SPACE.
|Application Code||1770-1574NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||07 Feb 2020 (Fri)|
|Apply Online Now|
|Application Code||1775-1695NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||07 Mar 2020 (Sat)|
|Apply Online Now|
|Application Code||1775-1698NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||28 Mar 2020 (Sat)|
|Apply Online Now|
- Entrance Test Fee : HK$210 (Non-refundable)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
By Post / In Person
Applicants are required to complete the SPACE General English Entrance Examination Application Form. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate course fee and supporting documents, to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
Once you have made the payment, go straight to the SPACE General English Entrance Examination session you have requested. For identification purposes, make sure that you take your receipt / confirmation letter with you.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate in General English (Foundation) Certificate in General English (Introductory) Certificate in English Language Skills (Introductory) Certificate in General English (Intermediate) Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) Certificate in General English (Upper Intermediate) Certificate in General English (Advanced) Diploma in General English Advanced Diploma in General English