BusinessSupply Chain Management
Bachelor of Science (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management
- Awarded by
University of Plymouth, UK
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 26 Sep 2017 (Tue)
- Next intake(s)
- March 2018
- 1.5 years to 5 years
Plymouth University and HKU SPACE will jointly organise a Plymouth...
Hong Kong’s airport moved from Kai Tak to Chek Lap Kok in 1998.&...
For more details:
This programme is in collaboration with the Plymouth University, UK, and in these modules, you’ll study a range of topics affecting the global supply chain industry and develop the management skills it demands. Deepening your understanding of international supply chain and shipping management, you’ll engage with environmental and ethical debates, technological developments and government legislation, all of which impacts a manager’s responsibilities and decisions. Many of its graduates are presently employed in global logistical businesses.
Eligible students can apply the government's "Maritime and Aviation Training Fund" for 80% fee refund after completing approved modules, subject to a cap of $18,000.
University of Plymouth – Plymouth Business School offers a portfolio of wide-ranging Logistics & Supply Chain management courses.
|Local Enrichment Modules (LEMs)|
|Marketing Fundamentals^* (to be offered in September 2017 semester)|
|Enterprise and Innovation^*|
|International Logistics Management*|
|International Supply Chain Management|
|Ports and Intermodalism* # (to be offered in September 2017 semester)|
|International Shipping* # (to be offered in September 2017 semester)|
|Research Skills for International Business^*|
|Current Issues in Management^|
^ common modules with BA * common modules with BSc # Approved modules for 80% fee refund under the MATF fund**
** MATF is launched by Hong Kong Transport and Housing Bureau (THB) and the student's eligibility is subject to the determination of THB. For details, please visit THB's website.Non-Local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.Days / Time
- Friday, evenings (may occasionally other weekday evenings)
- Saturday, afternoons and evenings (occasionally Sunday afternoons and evenings)
- All modules consist of one block-weekend teaching
- 1.5 years (minimum), 5 years (maximum)
1) hold a recognized Professional Diploma or Higher Diploma in the discipline of
logistics, transport, shipping or trade awarded within HKU system through HKU
SPACE or other recognized institutions ; and
2) provide evidence of English proficiency
(i) HKDSE English Language at Level 2;
(ii) HKCEE English Language at Level 2;
(iii) HKCEE English Language (Syllabus B) at Grade E (Grade C in the case of
English Language (Syllabus A)); or
(iv) A score of 6.0 or above in the IELTS or a score of 500 in the paper-based
TOEFL, a score of 173 in the computer-based TOEFL and a score of 4.5 in
the Test of Written English; and
3) have 2 years of full-time work experience in the area of logistics, transport,
shipping, operations or trade.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will also be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 non-refundableCourse Fee
- HK$4,800 per module (Local Enrichment Modules; All fees are subject to change without prior notice)
- HK$13,300 per module (UoP Modules; All fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
- A non-refundable HK$150 application fee;
- Photostat copies of Hong Kong Identity Card;
- Photostat copies of all relevant educational qualifications and workproof;
- Original certificates and transcripts of relevant qualifications, which are needed for certification by
- One passport photograph.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics Bachelor of Science (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Certificate in Shipping and Logistics