Business & ManagementBusiness Management
Advanced Diploma in Business Management
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 27 Jul 2020 (Mon)
- 1.5 years to 4 years
- Course Fee
- HK$46,860 per programme
-Digital Business Management
-Applied Business Psychology
*Articulation to Top-up Degree Programmes
*Great Choice for Career Advancement
APPLY NOW !
This programme aims to provide students with a solid foundation in business studies covering general management theories and practices. It is designed to equip students with an analytical problem-solving approach in business management. The inclusion of topical studies in Hong Kong’s business environment will enable students to learn about the emerging issues arising in the society that affect business decisions.
The programme consists of 3 streams*:
1. Business Management;
2. Digital Business Management; and
3. Applied Business Psychology.
* Choices of streams is applicable for students admitted from July 2020 term only.
Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded “Advanced Diploma in Business Management”.
Students who have completed any 5 out of total 10 modules can opt to exit the programme with the award of "Diploma in Business Management" **
**(Applicable to students admitted from MAR 2020 onwards)
Three terms per academic year: March, July and November
Days / Time
- Days: Weekday evenings and weekends; possibly including Sundays and Public Holidays
- Time: 7pm - 10pm, Weekdays / 2pm - 5pm, Weekends
Any of the HKU SPACE Learning Centres on Hong Kong Island
- 33 to 36 hours per module
- 11 to 12 meetings
**(Applicable to students admitted from July 2020 onwards)
There are 10 modules, each of which has 33 to 36 hours of lectures.
|1.||Introduction to Management*|
|3.||Essentials of Accounting*|
|6.||Principles of Marketing*|
|8.||Human Resources Management*|
|Business Management Stream|
|9.||Management Information Systems*|
|10.||Hong Kong Business Environment*|
|Digital Business Management Stream|
|11.||Data-Driven Decision Making|
|12.||Digital Leadership and Change Management|
|Applied Business Psychology Stream|
|13.||Introduction to Business Psychology|
|14.||Individual Differences in Personality|
|Award: Advanced Diploma in Business Management|
Assessment for each module will be based on a combination of coursework (including assignment(s) and/or a mid-term test) and a final examination.
|Application Code||1835-MS033A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Offering Schedule (Tentative)
* The following schedule only applies to studetns admitted on or before Mar 2020 term. For studetns admitted from July 2020 term, schedule will be notified separately upon admission.
- Business Microeconomics (**for students admitted before March 2020 only) ( Monday, 7-10pm)
- Macroeconomics (**for students admitted before March 2020 only) (Tuesday, 7-10pm)
- Essentials of Accounting (Thursday, 7-10pm)
- Human Resources Management (Saturday, 2-5pm)
- Businesss Law of HK and PRC (**for students admitted before March 2020 only)
- HK Business Environment
- Introduction to Management
- Business Economics (**for students admitted in March 2020 only)
- Business Microeconomics (**for students admitted before March 2020 only)
- Macroeconomics (**for students admitted before March 2020 only)
- Principles of Marketing
- Organizational Behaviour
-Business Economics (**for students admitted in March 2020 only)
(a) (i) have gained in HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects (including Mathematics) and Level 2 in English Language*, or equivalent; and
(ii) one A-level pass or two AS- level passes in any subject or other equivalent post-secondary qualification;
(b) hold a Certificate in Business and Economics awarded through HKUSPACE within the HKU system;
(c) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language;
(d) be aged 21 and above.
* With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in this subject at HKCEE.
HK$150 (non-refundable and not transferable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$46,860 per programme (Payable in 4 Installments)
- HK$12,780 (1st and 2nd installments)
- HK$10,650 (3rd and 4th installments)
- (All fees paid are not refundable or transferrable, unless a course is over-subscribed or cancelled. Please note that fees may be subject to revisions, even after a student has submitted an application, or has already been admitted into the programme. )
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Business Law of HK and PRC (Module from Advanced Diploma in Buiness Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z00447-6||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Business Communication (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z02558-9||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Introduction to Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z02559-7||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Macroeconomics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z06073-2||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Principles of Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z02560-0||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Organizational Behaviour (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07099-1||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Hong Kong Business Environment (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07102-5||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Human Resources Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07100-9||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Essentials of Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z00619-9||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Management Information System (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z00621-0||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Business Management
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants are required to complete and return the application form with application fee HK$150 to any of our enrolment centres. Applicants should bring along with the following documents:
- HKID / Valid VISA (original and copy)
- Academic qualification supporting document(s) (original and copy)
- Working experience supporting document(s) (original and copy)
* Original certificates and transcripts together with the copies are required to be presented to any HKU SPACE Learning Centre for verification.Payment Method
1. CASH / EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. CHEQUE / BANK DRAFT
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
3. VISA / MASTERCARD
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- For general, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management Executive Certificate in Data-Driven Decision Making for Managers Executive Certificate in Change Management in the Digital Transformation Era Postgraduate Diploma in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Certificate in Shipping and Logistics