Business & ManagementBusiness Management
Advanced Diploma in Business Management
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 1.5 years to 5 years
- Course Fee
- HK$46,860 per programme
*Great Choice for Career Advancement
*Application Deadline: 12 Nov 2019 (Tue)
APPLY NOW !
This programme aims to provide students with a solid foundation in business studies covering general management theories and practices. The syllabi which include major business disciplines in economics, management, quantitative and communication skills aim to equip students with an analytical problem-solving mindset. Topics like HK business environment and HRM also enables students to learn about the socio-political issues.
Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded “Advanced Diploma in Business Management”. Students who wish to exit the programme without completion of 11 modules may be awarded an exit award named “Diploma in Business Management”, provided they have completed and successfully obtained at least a pass grade in 8 modules.
Three terms per academic year: March, July and November
Days / Time
- Days: Weekday evenings and weekends; possibly including Sundays and Public Holidays
- Time: 7pm - 10pm, Weekdays / 2pm - 5pm, Weekends
Any of the HKU SPACE Learning Centres on Hong Kong Island
- 33 to 36 hours per module
- 11 to 12 meetings
There are 11 modules, each of which has 33 to 36 hours of lectures.
|3.||Management Information Systems*|
|4.||Introduction to Management*|
|6.||Principles of Marketing*|
|Exit Award (optional): Diploma in Business Management|
|9.||Hong Kong Business Environment*|
|10.||Essentials of Accounting*|
|Electives: choose one from the below|
|11a.||Business Law of Hong Kong and PRC*|
|11b.||Human Resources Management*|
|11c.||Mathematics for Finanace|
|Award: Advanced Diploma in Business Management|
Assessment for each module will be based on a combination of coursework (including assignment(s) and/or a mid-term test) and a final examination.
Offering Schedule (Tentative)
> Nov 2019
- HK Business Environment (Tuesday, 7-10pm)
- Introduction to Management (Wednesday, 7-10pm)
- Principles of Marketing (Monday, 7-10pm)
- Organizational Behaviour (Friday, 7-10pm)
> MAR 2020
- Management Information Systems
- Business Communication
- Business Law of HK & PRC
> JUL 2020
- Essentials of Accounting
- Business Microeconomics
- Human Resources Management
> Nov 2020
- HK Business Environment
- Introduction to Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Organizational Behaviour
(a) (i) have gained in HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects (including Mathematics) and Level 2 in English Language*, or equivalent; and
(ii) one A-level pass or two AS- level passes in any subject or other equivalent post-secondary qualification;
(b) hold a Certificate in Business and Economics awarded through HKUSPACE within the HKU system;
(c) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language;
(d) be aged 21 and above.
* With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in this subject at HKCEE.
HK$150 (non-refundable and not transferable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$46,860 per programme (Payable in 4 Installments)
- HK$12,780 (1st and 2nd installments)
- HK$10,650 (3rd and 4th installments)
- (All fees paid are not refundable or transferrable, unless a course is over-subscribed or cancelled. Please note that fees may be subject to revisions, even after a student has submitted an application, or has already been admitted into the programme. )
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Business Law of HK and PRC (Module from Advanced Diploma in Buiness Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z00447-6||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Business Communication (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z02558-9||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Introduction to Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z02559-7||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Macroeconomics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z06073-2||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Principles of Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z02560-0||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Organizational Behaviour (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07099-1||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Hong Kong Business Environment (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07102-5||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Human Resources Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07100-9||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Essentials of Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z00619-9||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Management Information System (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z00621-0||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Business Management
Diploma in Business Management
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants are required to complete and return the application form with application fee HK$150 to any of our enrolment centres. Applicants should bring along with the following documents:
- HKID / Valid VISA (original and copy)
- Academic qualification supporting document(s) (original and copy)
- Working experience supporting document(s) (original and copy)
* Original certificates and transcripts together with the copies are required to be presented to any HKU SPACE Learning Centre for verification.Payment Method
1. CASH / EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. CHEQUE / BANK DRAFT
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
3. VISA / MASTERCARD
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- For general, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management Executive Certificate in Data-Driven Decision Making for Managers Executive Certificate in Change Management in the Digital Transformation Era Postgraduate Diploma in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Certificate in Shipping and Logistics