Business & Management Business Management
This information seminar provides details about: Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Management Advanced Diploma in Business Management
*3 Specialized Streams Available
-Digital Business Management
-Applied Business Psychology
APPLY NOW !
This programme aims to provide students with a solid foundation in business studies covering general management theories and practices. It is designed to equip students with an analytical problem-solving approach in business management. The inclusion of topical studies in Hong Kong’s business environment will enable students to learn about the emerging issues arising in the society that affect business decisions.
The programme consists of 3 streams*:
1. Business Management;
2. Digital Business Management; and
3. Applied Business Psychology.
* Choices of streams is applicable for students admitted from July 2020 term only.
Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded “Advanced Diploma in Business Management”.
Students who have completed any 5 out of total 10 modules can opt to exit the programme with the award of "Diploma in Business Management" **
**(Applicable to students admitted from MAR 2020 onwards)
Three terms per academic year: March, July and November
Days / Time
- Days: Weekday evenings and weekends; possibly including Sundays and Public Holidays
- Time: 7pm - 10pm, Weekdays / 2pm - 5pm, Weekends
Any of the HKU SPACE Learning Centres on Hong Kong Island
- 33 to 36 hours per module
- 11 to 12 meetings
**(Applicable to students admitted from July 2020 onwards)
There are 10 modules, each of which has 33 to 36 hours of lectures.
|1.||Introduction to Management*|
|3.||Essentials of Accounting*|
|6.||Principles of Marketing*|
|8.||Human Resources Management*|
|Business Management Stream|
|9.||Management Information Systems*|
|10.||Hong Kong Business Environment*|
|Digital Business Management Stream|
|11.||Data-Driven Decision Making*|
|12.||Digital Leadership and Change Management*|
|Applied Business Psychology Stream|
|13.||Introduction to Business Psychology*|
|14.||Individual Differences in Personality*|
|Award: Advanced Diploma in Business Management|
Assessment for each module will be based on a combination of coursework (including assignment(s) and/or a mid-term test) and a final examination.
|Application Code||2135-MS033A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Offering Schedule (Tentative) (July 2020 onwards)
* The following schedule only applies to students admitted July 2020 term onwards.
1. Essentials of Accounting
2. Human Resources Management
3. Data-Driven Decision Making (Digital Business Management Stream)
2. Introduction to Management
3a. HK Business Environment (Business Management Stream)
3b. Digital Leadership and Change Management (Digital Business Management Stream)
3c. Introduction to Business Psychology (Applied Business Psychology Stream)
1. Principles of Marketing
2. Organisational Behaviour
3a. Management Informaiton Systems (Business Management Stream)
3b. Data-Driven Decision Making (Digital Business Management Stream)
3c. Individual Differences in Personality (Applied Business Psychology Stream)
1. Business Economics
2. Business Communicaiton
(a) (i) have gained in HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects (including Mathematics) and Level 2 in English Language*, or equivalent; and
(ii) one A-level pass or two AS- level passes in any subject or other equivalent post-secondary qualification;
(b) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language;
(c) be aged 21 and above.
* With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in this subject at HKCEE.
HK$150 (non-refundable and not transferable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$47,600 per programme (Payable in 4 Installments)
- HK$11,900 (Each installment)
- (All fees paid are not refundable or transferrable, unless a course is over-subscribed or cancelled. Please note that fees may be subject to revisions, even after a student has submitted an application, or has already been admitted into the programme. )
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Business Law of HK and PRC (Module from Advanced Diploma in Buiness Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z00447-6||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Business Communication (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z02558-9||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Introduction to Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z02559-7||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Macroeconomics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z06073-2||FEES $4,260||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Principles of Marketing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z02560-0||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Organizational Behaviour (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07099-1||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Hong Kong Business Environment (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07102-5||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Human Resources Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z07100-9||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Essentials of Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z00619-9||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Management Information System (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z00621-0||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Statistics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z128350||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Business Economics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z128369||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Individual Differences in Personality (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z128318||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Introduction to Business Psychology (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z128326||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Digital Leadership and Change Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z128334||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Data-Driven Decision Making (Module from Advanced Diploma in Business Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z128342||FEES $4,760||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Business Management
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right-hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Business Management Workplace Psychology and Well-being
- Relevant Programmes
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics Postgraduate Diploma in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Certificate in Shipping and Logistics Executive Certificate in Data-Driven Decision Making for Managers Executive Certificate in Change Management in the Digital Transformation Era