BusinessSupply Chain Management
Certificate in Shipping and Logistics
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- 8 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese (Handouts and examinations are in English.)
- Course Fee
Hong Kong’s airport moved from Kai Tak to Chek Lap Kok in 1998.&...
The programme is offered in collaboration with Hong Kong Shippers' Council. It provides a comprehensive training in various aspects of shipping and logistics which suit the training needs of practitioners in the field and trainees who need to acquire a wide range of basic knowledge within a short period.
This programme also serves as a bridging course for the Professional Diploma programmes in Logistics. Upon the completion of the Professional Diploma in Logistics, students can further study in below Supply Chain and Logistics top-up degree programmes of University of Plymouth, UK.
A wide range of topics, including Dangerous Goods Cargo Handling, Cargo Insurance, Logistics Strategy, Planning and Practices, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Logistics Costing, E-Commerce and E-Shipping, Law Relating to Trade, etc. are covered in two modules. A visit to one of the leading companies in the field will be arranged. Assessment is based on two examinations, a written report on the visit and an in-class quiz.
Days / Time
- Tuesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Applicants shall have:
- gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language; or
- gained 4 passes in the HKCEE plus Level 2* in English Language; or
- one year of relevant work experience at supervisory level in shipping and logistics industry; or
- completed Secondary 5 or Secondary 6 with employer’s recommendation endorsed by the Hong Kong Shippers’ Council.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
* With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an alternative to Level 2 in these two subjects at HKCEE.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$8,700 (for non-member)
- Professional Body Rate : HK$8,200 (for the following organizations are members of the Hong Kong Shippers’ Council: 1. The Chinese General Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong 2. The Chinese Manufacturers’ Association of Hong Kong 3. The Federation of Hong Kong Garment Manufacturers 4. The Federation of Hong Kong Industries 5. Hong Kong Association of Freight Forwarding & Logistics Ltd 6. Hong Kong Exporters’ Association 7. Hong Kong Garment Manufacturers Association Ltd 8. The Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce 9. Hong Kong Knitwear Exporters & Manufacturers Association 10. Hong Kong Kwun Tong Industries & Commerce Association Ltd 11. Hong Kong Management Association 12. Hong Kong Plastics Manufacturers Association 13. Hong Kong Trade Development Council 14. Hong Kong Woollen & Synthetic Knitting Manufacturers Association Ltd 15. Indian Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong 16. Associate Member of Hong Kong Shippers’ Council)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate in Shipping and Logistics
|COURSE CODE 25K06682-6||FEES $8,700 non member course fee $8,200 employees of HKSC members & HK Liner Shipping Association Member||ENQUIRY 2508-8862|
|Continuing Education Fund
This programme has been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the programme.
Applicants may apply online or download the Application Form. Please submit the completed Application Form, together with supporting documents, to any one of our enrollment centres or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Programmes of
- Supply Chain Management
- Relevant Programmes
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management