Business & Management Supply Chain and Logistics Management
Today and Upcoming Events
1. Accredited by HKCAAVQ and Recognised as QF Level 5
QR Registration No.: 23/000515/L5
QR Registration Validity Period: 01 Sep 2015 - 31 Aug 2028
2. "Maritime and Aviation Training Fund" for eligible students:
80% fee refund for approved modules and subsidy ceiling increased to $30,000!
For more details:
- provide the opportunity to study subjects associated with the business of international shipping and logistics;
- provide access to as wide a range of applicants as possible;
- provide the highest quality of maritime education using appropriate learning and teaching methods;
- provide opportunity for the development of general personal skills;
- supply well qualified, well skilled individuals to related industries and general employment; and
- enhance employability, in related industries, through a combination of academic analysis and the development of key skills.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
appraise proposals for ship finance;
formulate a marketing strategy for a shipping company or maritime organization;;
describe the role and function of maritime organisations ;
compare the efficiency of alternative logistics options.
- integrate theory and practice;
- synthesise information/data from a variety of sources;
- apply analytical methods for supply chain optimization;
- evaluate the general management of a shipping company or maritime organization.
- communicate professionally;
- apply numerical and problem-solving skills;
- manage time, tasks and their own learning ;
- apply and evaluate computing and information technology.
- the ability to exercise initiative and personal responsibility;
- the ability to make decisions in complex and unpredictable contexts;
- successfully manage and deliver a project/work on time;
- the learning ability needed to undertake appropriate further training of a professional or equivalent nature.
- communicate effectively;
- manage time and tasks for lifelong learning;
- select and apply appropriate skills and techniques and work with minimal supervision;
- write reports for commercial and academic audiences.
|Application Code||2175-MS079C||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
Modules & Class Details
Friday (may occasionally other weekday), evenings
Saturday (occasionally Sunday), afternoons and evenings
All modules consist of one/two block-weekend teaching
1.5 years (minimum), 5 years (maximum)
2 terms per year
Term starts in March and September
Fee & Entry Requirements
(a) hold a recognised Professional Diploma or Higher Diploma in the discipline of logistics, transport, shipping, operations, or trade awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE or from other recognised institutions; and
(b) have 2 years of full-time work experience in the area of logistics, transport, shipping, operations or trade.
If the above academic qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency such as:
(i) an overall band of 6.0 in the IELTS (with minimum component scores of 5.5 in all four components: listening, reading, speaking and writing); or
(ii) an overall score 76 or above in the TOEFL iBT (with minimum component scores of listening 17, reading 18, speaking 20, writing 18)
Applicants may be required to take and pass additional module(s), based on individual merit, before the start of the programme.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
Examples of Awards to be Considered for Admission
Admission is not limited to graduates from the following programmes. Applicants from other programmes will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$105,000 per programme (in 3 instalments, all fees are subject to change without prior notice.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Honours Project (Module from Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Business (Logistics))|
|COURSE CODE 33Z155226||FEES $29,200||ENQUIRY 2867-8323|
|Supply Chain Resilience and Risk Management (Module fromBachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Business (Logistics))|
|COURSE CODE 33Z155234||FEES $14,600||ENQUIRY 2867-8323|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Business (Logistics)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
About the Partners
- Relevant Programmes
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Business (Logistics) Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Advanced Diploma in Business Management Certificate in Shipping and Logistics