Business & Management Supply Chain and Logistics Management
Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 24 Sep 2021 (Fri)
- Next intake(s)
- September 2021
- 1 year to 2 years
- Course Fee
- HK$31,980 (by three installments; all fees are subject to change without prior notice.)
This information seminar provides details about: Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management
This programme is recognised by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in Hong Kong and consists of six modules. It aims to provide students with comprehensive understanding of the business environment in logistics industry, as well as to equip graduates with basic management skills for exploring new business opportunities. It is practically designed for those who are interested in or working in the logistics, supply chain, procurement and related areas, and who are looking for academic and/or career advancement. This programme is articulated to a number of bachelor degrees awarded by Plymouth University.
- 2 - 3 evening sessions a week (7:00 - 10:00pm)
- Possible weekends (2:30 - 5:30pm)
The programme consists of 6 modules, to be taught in a minimum of 12 months. On completion of the programme, students will be awarded:
||Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management|
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- distinguish the important concepts of business environment, transport operations, organization structure and human resource management and enhance the productivity of the entire logistics and supply chain operations;
- apply the principles of financial management and reporting for logistics services and integrate financial and reporting operations into key business initiatives;
- apply the fundamentals of services and marketing for logistics services management;
- apply the principles of strategic management to key business initiatives;
- use the fundamentals of information technology in logistics and management;
- distinguish the basic concepts and various aspects of business law.
Assessment for each of the 6 modules will be based on one assignment/project and a final examination. In general, the performance grade for the examination and assignment/project varies accordingly to individual modules. The overall pass mark is 50%. Upon successful completion of the programme (pass all 6 modules), students will be awarded a Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management by HKU SPACE.
Graduates may apply for exemptions from the examinations of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Hong Kong (CILTHK) on the following papers:
OL1 - Business Environment for Transport and Logistics#
OL2 - Financial Management and Reporting for Transport and Logistics#
OL3 - Marketing and Service Management#
OL4 - Management and Decision Making#
# All applications will be considered by CILTHK on individual basis.
Also, graduates may apply for admission to the following programmes offered by the University of Plymouth, UK in collaboration with HKU SPACE:
** Eligible students in BSc (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management or BSc (Hons) Maritime Transport and Logistics can apply "Maritime and Aviation Training Fund" for 80% fee refund after completing the approved modules, subject to a cap of $18,000.
Students may complete the above Professional Diploma (min. 12 months) + Top-up Bachelor Degree programmes (min. 18 months) in 2.5 years (minimum)
- 12 months (minimum) - 2 years (maximum)
(a) i) have gained in the HKALE Grade E in one AL subject or two AS subjects or
hold a post-secondary qualification of at least one year part-time duration; and
ii) have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in four subjects, and Level 2 in
English language*; and
iii) have at least two years of full-time work experience in logistics, transport, or business related areas; or
(b) i) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in five subjects,
including English Language; and
ii) have at least two years of full-time work experience in logistics, transport, or business related areas; or
(c) have gained a Certificate or Advanced Certificate awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will also be considered on individual merit.
*With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in these two subjects at HKCEE.
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$31,980 (by three installments; all fees are subject to change without prior notice.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Management and Decision Making (Module from the Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z08813-0||FEES $6,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8323|
|Marketing and Service Management (Module from Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10044-0||FEES $6,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8480|
|Information Technology for Logistics (Module from the Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management programme)|
|COURSE CODE 25Z08816-6||FEES $3,990||ENQUIRY 2867-8323|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”.
*HKU SPACE MasterCard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
A. In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- Relevant Programmes
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Trade and Operations Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Certificate in Shipping and Logistics