Aviation, Transport and Logistics Logistics & Transport
*Application Deadline: TBC
APPLY NOW !
This programme aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills about the latest trends in digitalisation and new technology with a focus on the impacts in logistics industry. Students will acquire basic knowledge and practical skills for exploring alternative digital solutions to boost operational efficiency in logistics organisations.
Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
1. discuss the latest trend in digital software technologies and hardware technological innovations in logistics;
2. identify and evaluate appropriate new technologies for logistics companies that help efficiency improvement, better customer service and higher profitability; and
3. develp digital transformation strategies for the logistics organisations that leverage the convergence of hardward, software and platform technologies in the framework of supply chain.
There are 8 topics, total 30 hours of lectures.
|1.||Disruptive technology - introduction and overview|
|6.||Internet of Things (IoT)|
|Cloud as a service|
|8.||Digital transformation in logistics and supply chain mangement|
Days / Time (Tentative)
|1||To be confirmed (Sat)||2:00pm - 8:00 pm|
|2||To be confirmed (Sat)||2:00pm - 8:00 pm|
|3||To be confirmed (Sat)||2:00pm - 8:00 pm|
|4||To be confirmed (Sat)||2:00pm - 8:00 pm|
|5||To be confirmed (Sat)||2:00pm - 8:00 pm|
Any of the HKU SPACE Learning Centres on Hong Kong Island
- 30 hours
- 5 meetings
- Group project including group presentation and group report.
- Individual in-class test.
Applicants shall hold:
(a) a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
(b) an Associate Degree/ a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience; or
(c) professional qualifications in management and related discipline.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 HK$150 (non-refundable and not transferable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$7,000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants are required to complete and return the application form with application fee HK$150 to any of our enrolment centres. Applicants should bring along with the following documents:
- HKID / Valid VISA (original and copy)
- Academic qualification supporting document(s) (original and copy)
- Working experience supporting document(s) (original and copy)
* Original certificates and transcripts together with the copies are required to be presented to any HKU SPACE Learning Centre for verification.Payment Method
1. CASH / EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. CHEQUE / BANK DRAFT
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
3. VISA / MASTERCARD
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- For general, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate in Shipping and Logistics Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Bachelor of Science (Honours) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics Postgraduate Diploma in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management