Business & Management Business Management
QR Registration No.: 15/000945/L5
QR Registration Validity Period: 01 Sep 2015 - 31 Aug 2024
A part-time top-up degree programme aims to ensure that students will develop a broad understanding of the complex, diverse and dynamic business environment for management. The programme curriculum is both international and practical in it contents. Students will acquire management skills as well as intellectual capability that enable them to perform effectively as a practicing manager. Thus, enhances their employability and facilitate career management.
develop the knowledge and skills base which will enable effective performance as a practicing manager;
produce graduates who are enterprising, readily employable and well equipped for lifelong learning and the professional world;
develop graduates possessing a broad range of key personal, cognitive/intellectual, transferable, practical and employment skills;
develop graduates with a broad understanding of the complex, diverse, dynamic business and enterprise environment and the implications for management;
provide the opportunity for students to enhance their employability through undertaking an appropriate work placement;
facilitate recognition of the effects of management within longer timescales and in relation to a broad range of stakeholders;
enable an understanding of the international dimensions of business management; and
develop knowledge and understanding of the ethical and moral responsibilities of corporate leaders and managers.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- the complex, diverse, dynamic internal and external business and enterprise environment for management;
- the skills and techniques relevant to the management of people, operations and other resources, effective decision making and performance as a practicing manager;
- the effects of management in relation to a broad range of stakeholders, including the ethical and moral responsibilities of corporate leaders and managers;
- a range of current pervasive issues confronting international management including; sustainability, corporate responsibility, globalisation, innovation and enterprise.
- analyse new and/or abstract data and situations using appropriate techniques;
- transform abstract data and concepts towards a given purpose and design appropriate solutions;
- select and manage information, research, investigate and critically evaluate evidence using critical thinking and other appropriate research methods and use the findings to support conclusions and recommendations;
- apply appropriate knowledge and skills, including numeracy and quantitative skills, in unfamiliar contexts to identify, define and resolve complex problems.
- interact and work effectively in a group, negotiating and handling conflict as appropriate, in order to achieve an objective;
- access and utilise a wide range of learning resources and manage own learning;
- communicate effectively in writing and orally using a range of methods;
- undertake ethical research using appropriate strategies and methods;
- demonstrate autonomy in taking responsibility for own work and development;
- demonstrate competence in the application of numeracy and quantitative skills.
- successfully manage and deliver a project/work on time;
- choose and utilise a range of appropriate skills and techniques relevant to the management of people, operations, other resources and making effective decisions;
- reflect upon and evaluate own actions and performance with a view to enhancing self management and devising plans for enhancing personal and career development;
- demonstrate awareness of ethical and sustainability issues in their work.
- write reports for commercial and academic audiences;
- select and apply appropriate skills and techniques and work with minimal supervision.
No. of Contact Hours
|2.||Enterprise, Innovation and Creativity||20||45|
Strategy and Leadership
|5.||Human Resource Management in a Global Context||20||45|
|6.||Marketing for a Digital World||20||45|
|7.||Managing Business Information: Economics and Financial Data and Business Analytics||40||90|
# Modules 6 & 7 will be taught by HKU SPACE lecturers. The remaining modules will be co-taught by University of Plymouth and HKU SPACE faculty staff.
Fee (HKD): HK$105,000 per programme (in 3 instalments, all fees are subject to change without prior notice.)
The duration for the programme: minimum 18 months, maximum 60 months.
The above programme structure is intended for use as a guide to prospective students. HKU SPACE and University of Plymouth reserve the right to vary the structure. (The sequence of the modules is subject to change in accordance to University of Plymouth Policy)
Students are encouraged to attend the induction sessions, which comprise of an introductory session and a 12-hour Academic English Workshop plus a 1-hour test.
All coursework of the programme will be conducted in English.
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
Friday (may occasionally other weekday), evenings
Saturday (occasionally Sunday), afternoons and evenings
All modules consist of one/two block-weekend teaching
1.5 years (minimum), 5 years (maximum)
2 terms per year
Term starts in March and September
I) 1. hold an Advanced Diploma or Higher Diploma/Associate Degree in a business-related discipline awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE; or
2. hold a recognised Advanced Diploma or Higher Diploma/Associate Degree in a business-related discipline awarded by a recognised institution; and
II) preferably have 2 years full-time work experience or 4 years part-time work experience.
If the above academic qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency such as:
(i) an overall band of 6.0 in the IELTS (with minimum component scores of 5.5 in all four components: listening, reading, speaking and writing); or
(ii) an overall score 76 or above in the TOEFL iBT (with minimum component scores of listening 17, reading 18, speaking 20, writing 18)
Applicants from I.1. and I.2. may be required to take and pass additional module(s), based on individual merit, before the start of the programme.
Mature students (according to University of Plymouth regulation) and applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Examples of Awards to be Considered for Admission
Admission is not limited to graduates from the following programmes. Applicants from other programmes will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
HK$200 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$105,000 per programme (in 3 instalments, all fees are subject to change without prior notice.)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
- A non-refundable $200 application fee;
- Photostat copies of Hong Kong Identity Card;
- Photocopies of all relevant educational qualifications and workproof;
- Original certificates and transcripts of relevant qualifications, which are needed for certification by HKU SPACE;
- One passport photograph.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
University of Plymouth
- More Programmes of
- Business Management Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Relevant Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Business Management Postgraduate Diploma in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Business (Logistics) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Certificate in Shipping and Logistics Executive Certificate in Data-Driven Decision Making for Managers Executive Certificate in Change Management in the Digital Transformation Era