Welcome to our European Language website.
Our main languages are Spanish, French, German and Italian, but we do also offer courses in other languages such as Arabic, Greek, Latin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Turkish.
Our award bearing courses last either 60 or 120 hours and they are mostly award bearing courses, CEF certified, with final examinations, both written, oral and listening.
Besides, we also have shorter courses of just 30 hours, more casual and non-exam based, such as courses for travellers or for beginners, courses in the mornings or during the weekends.
Finally, you can´t miss out on our fun workshops, such as Italian Fashion, Food and Drink, Cooking courses and our several cultural gatherings during the year for each of our main languages!
Our teachers are passionate and committed to the language learning and will guide you through your journey at HKU SPACE!
This course covers the content of the B1 level in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Why should we take the TCF?
- Compendious Assessment: The TCF evaluates your French languages skills in a comprehensive way with different language aspects included.
- International accreditation: The TCF is administered by the Centre International d'Etudes Pédagogiques (CIEP) for the French Ministry of Education. It is designed and accredited according to international standards.
- Pathway to Overseas Studies: The TCF is widely recognized by higher educational institutions, universities and government authorities.
- Professional Development: The results of the benchmark exam, which are also recognized in the professional sector, could be used to endorse your job applications or career development.
- CEF Reimbursement: Under the scheme of CEF, both the fee of the certificate courses offered by HKU SPACE and the TCF exam fee are reimbursable.
By the end of the programme, students should be able to talk about various topics in a more detailed and fluent way , write different types of texts regarding more abstract and cultural matters, summarise the main ideas when listening to clear speeches or reading a wide range of texts.
This course covers the content of the A2 level in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).