Welcome to our European Language website.
Our main languages are Spanish, French, German and Italian, but we do also offer courses in other languages such as Arabic, Greek, Latin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Swedish.
Our award-bearing courses, which last 120 hours each, are mostly CEF-certified, with well-developed curricula and assessment systems which cover various aspects of the European languages including reading, writing, listening, speaking, grammar and vocabulary.
Besides, we have shorter courses of just 30 hours, more casual and non-exam based, such as courses for travellers or for beginners, courses in the mornings or during the weekends.
Finally, you can´t miss out on our fun workshops, such as Italian Fashion, Food and Drink, Cooking courses and our several cultural gatherings during the year for each of our main languages!
Our teachers are passionate and committed to the language learning and will guide you through your journey at HKU SPACE!
- Sort by
- Programme Title
- Introduce students to simple phrases and sentences used in basic conversation, e.g.: introducing oneself, saying hello, reserving a hotel room, ordering food and drink, talking about your job, finding your way around town, talking about likes and dislikes and holidays.
- Give students the basic grammar and vocabulary needed for simple communication, e.g. present tense forms, adjectives, articles, basic modal verbs (e.g. poder and dever), and prepositions of place.
- Provide students with the techniques needed to listen with confidence to simplified, everyday dialogues when spoken clearly and slowly.
- Introduce students to some areas of Portuguese culture such as food and drink, greetings, festivals and places.
- Enable students to extract information from very simple written texts such as forms, menus and short, simplified articles. Also to write short simple postcards and fill in information on a form, e.g. hotel registration form.